Dodge Dakota Forums banner

Pics of your 4-link set up

8K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  PaWhIteBoY 
#1 ·
Anyone have any pictures of their 4-link set up. I'm getting to that point on mine. Need some ideas on the best way to go about it. I'm planning on triangulated 4-link, not sure if it will be bags on bars or axle. Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

#4 ·
i was told that a reverse four link look good and seem to work correctly but if you look closely and watch it operate the rear diff does not stay at the correct angle when all the way down and up... just be careful... the safe design is a true 4 link with bags between the cab and rear wheels... at that point you put more weight on the bag and get a smoother ride, also you will get a better pick height. if i could redo my 4 link i would put in a wishbone 3 link... easy to work with and i would have made it myself out of square stock... ill look for some pictures and see if i can post the pics from my link and truck.. also do some research make sure you understand how a 4 link works.. the triangluar portion should be the same length as the two outer bars... and they all should run the same distance apart from top of axle to bottom so on and so forth.

ill post some pics soon

#5 ·
http://www.biokustoms.com/2010/07/designerol5/

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

read carefully. also look at the rest of the page. max fish=suspension jesus. reverse 4 links "work" but when i say "work" i mean that sure your truck goes up and down but any benefit of having a 4 link is thrown out the window. but if thats all you care about then go for it.

@joeytyler- any link system when improperly installed/designed/set up will change pinion angle (its bound to happen unless you know exactly what your doing) or the axle will move front or back during its range of motion. in theory the axle should go straight up and down. not saying i know how to do it the right way, but do your homework before you start welding crap in.

in other words pm dragn or get with someone who knows what they are doing and isnt going to try to convince you to 2 link that shit!

my 3 cents, because my opinion is worth more.

#7 ·
change it. run a standard link system but use a wishbone on top.. thats how i plan to do mine down the road. i designed my 4 link on cad to make sure it would work properly and it does just not alot of room. the wishbone is nice cuz you only need to bolt one joint to a crossmember instead of two. this saves space when laying out cuz the joints like to lay close to the drive shaft. its all personal choice. i like a traditional link system with a wishbone because its easy to adjust and also the bags are close to the cab...more weight on the bag the smoother the ride and in that location you will get great pick. i'll find my pics of my current setup tonight.

#9 ·
well with any custom work it will end up needing to be reworked at some point. but just like you said, it looked good and went up and down. and im not saying its the worst set up in the world, its just that you lose all the benefits of a 4 link set up. and i understand the need/want for a reverse 4 link. space, gas tank, exhaust etc. but a 4 link is based on the center of the vehicle its being installed in versus the center of the vehicle behind you. so i still say that if at all possible use a forward facing link system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.