Dodge Dakota Forums banner

link pics

20K views 148 replies 14 participants last post by  SH0K0TA 
#1 ·
hey guys im tryin to figure out which kinda link i wanna run. i know what they all are and ive narrowed it down to 3 but i wanna see what they look like on our truck if you have it, and if you dont have a link like the ones i wanna run, i still wanna see what you have, maybe youll change my mind for me.
ok so its between a wishbone 3 link, tri 4 link, and standard 4 link. im gonna run bag over axle, so keep that in mind.

#3 ·
#4 ·
no its a 4 link, but the panhard and other bar makes it count as a 6link also. i looked around on google last night and i think i wanna run 2 bars forward to my front hangers from the axle, and a wishbone from the rear end diff to the crossmember. so i guess its a 3link wishbone setup? im not sure either that or run 2 bars from the diff to the crossmember and make it a tri 4link. cuz i wanna keep my gas tank in stock location, just raise it up like yours jay.

#5 · (Edited)
jay removed his tank.. he's got a fuel cell.

Sean you got me confused damnit! lol

but that is an old pic tho... the lil vents on the back of his cab are gone.. rear sits up a lil higher... lol damn jay you gotta stop tearin your truck all apart lol. :p

*edit*
oh and thats his old fuel cell... the one that leaked gas.. and that my buddy steve is fixin for me lol. :p

*edit2*
also in the pic your battery holder is still angled... damnit i gotta stop lookin at that damn pic lol i keep notcin stuff thats changed not to long ago lol

and also the obvious change is that the rear bags are off now too lol. duh :p but this reminds me.. i still got progress pics to post of when you changed the link bar the first time... i just found the stuff to put them on my cpu lol

#6 ·
jay removed his tank.. he's got a fuel cell.

Sean you got me confused damnit! lol

but that is an old pic tho... the lil vents on the back of his cab are gone.. rear sits up a lil higher... lol damn jay you gotta stop tearin your truck all apart lol. :p

*edit*
oh and thats his old fuel cell... the one that leaked gas.. and that my buddy steve is fixin for me lol. :p

*edit2*
also in the pic your battery holder is still angled... damnit i gotta stop lookin at that damn pic lol i keep notcin stuff thats changed not to long ago lol

and also the obvious change is that the rear bags are off now too lol. duh :p but this reminds me.. i still got progress pics to post of when you changed the link bar the first time... i just found the stuff to put them on my cpu lol

I couldn't find ANYMORE pics of that setup..... I'm curious to see a "top side" shot...... FIND THOSE PICS!!!!!!!!

#7 ·
well ive got me confused too lol. ive been doin nothin but lookin at different rear setups. i wanna run bag on axle for a straightforward and easy build, but ive seen alot of reverse tri-4links with bag on bar and that looks good too. i dont wanna run parallel because i want more lift than that offers, ranch club roads blow royally. heres pics of the links ive been lookin at. jay since ill prolly ask you and jay and maybe shea if he can for help lemme know what you think will work for my truck best.

#10 · (Edited)
well do what you think is best homie. don't settle for one, cuz you'll end up kickin yourself in the ass later on lol.

but after work on jays truck so damn much... i'm scared of even touchin airbags lol :p jk jk

Hahahaha.... I'm feeling the 3link. My bro has a Toyota running 4link but opposite of what your pics show. Rides fairly decent. Better than my 4link with air cylinders did. I wonder how short those bars are.

EDIT*** How short CAN the upper bars be? All the bars I've done and seen have been fairly long.

#54 ·
Bro, I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about what people will help you with. You bring your ass up tot J&J's and we will get your azz laid out. Mike is right though, all of us have a lot of experience working on Jay's truck. They only problem that I have with doing a reverse 4 link is the pinion angle of the rear end. We will have to set it up spot on, as ajusting it witha reverse link is going to be a biatch. Other than that, you can do a reverse link and keep your tank in the stock location if that's what you want. Shoot Jay(DjWolf) a pm, or pm me when you are ready and I'm sure we can figure things out bro.

#11 ·
depends on how its setup. on jays, all the bars are the same length.

but Sean.. i'm not the best with all this cuz i'm learnin it myself... but if you talk to jay and jay.. they'll help you out no prob. and i doubt they'll have any problems doin anything... as long as its not some huge and more than a weekend build lol

#12 ·
no lol i want a simple straightforward build, so it should only be a weekend if that. im more than positive the first day we could have the rear completely welded up and the front partially done, than the second finish everything paint it, and do wiring. ill try to plan it for a 3 day weekend just in case lol

#13 ·
im lookin at more pics now and im confused about where to put the bars now!!! should i run the bottom bars from my rear hanger to the axle and put bags on em (like jays) and then run top bars from axle to rear of frame bracing. or should i run rear bars inside of the frame rails and then top bars from axle to rear of frame bracing? i need someone to tell me how it rides and shit like that.

#14 ·
Why not front hanger to axle and wishbone the top? That's more than likely what I'm going to do. I have some beefy upper bars at work I've been eye-balling but I was thinking they were to short... I might just measure and decide then.

#16 ·
well mainly because i was thinking about that more and i would do that if i ran a bag behind axle, which is an option still for me, but i might have to move the gas tank. but also a plus is if i ran a forward 4link i could mount my tank under the bed in the rear.
i looked at hynges and i like it alot, but once again, he moved his gas tank lol, something im really not tryin to do for a long time.
i just am so lost about what setup to run, bag behind axle, bag on bar, reverse 4, forward 4, bag on axle.......
maybe if everyone put up pics of what they have i could see what looks best to me on our trucks.

#22 ·
nope, no need for a panhard. i would run one if i went with a parallel link to prevent axle sway.
yea there is a factory bar under there, but i think it goes with the spare tire shit and im gonna cut all that out and replace it with a solid bar for either the link mounts or tank mounts.
and i have a one piece driveshaft

#26 ·
yea when i cut the tire locator out im gonna put bars running across to brace it. like i said depending on how i run the link setup it will either have mounts for the link bars or will have mounts for the air tank and compressor.
and no i dont have a forward crossmember.
im hatin this decision makin bs lol. dunno what way i wanna do it. all will cost around the same so its not a price decision, its ease of install and ride quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.