Dodge Dakota Forums banner

Your Link Pics Here

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Thump3r 
#1 ·
COuld you bagged guys with link pics post some pics of your link set up. I really want to stay away from relocating the gas tank. So i just wanted to get ideas of how i should go about doing this. I sure would love some suggestions also. thanks:worthless:

#4 · (Edited)
take alook some tanks hang below some dont. all you need to do is raise the tank up higher if it does

my 98 parts truck the tank is 1/2" above the lower frame and my 2000 CQ is just lower

i am working on the raised gas tank suport to make sure you dont drag through for the kit and hoping to have the kit released very soon

#6 ·
ok so i might not even need a fuel cell than??
i will have to takea closer look
now do i look to see if it sits lower at the middle of the frame or just where it is sitting right now?
could i raise it up by welding a metal piece from side to side to let it rest on?

#7 ·
their is no way i'm leaving my gas tank where it is even if it's a little higher then the frame rail. all the crap i hit from riding low around me i'm putting it up high. the less crap that is life threatning the better you'll be off.

#8 ·
oh yeah i ordered my bars yesterday so when they come in i'll take pictures of the whole process of my bolt on kit. i'll be selling it later on when i narrow my rear axle so it will give good instructions for who ever i sell it to.

#9 ·
i agree its good to relocate the tank but it does not need to be done to lay frame in most cases.

heres what i sujest build a skid plate under the tank that will protect the tank if you decide to leave it where it is. if not fuel cell or relocate the tank

s10 guys been running there raised tanks for years that allow for about 1" clearance. but saying that theres some good pics of a s10 that didnt raise there tank on the side of the road and well there nothing left but ashes and a burnt truck shell

#10 ·
thump3r raises a good point. if your tank is a 1/2" above the bottom of the frame then your golden. just put a nice skid plate on it and your good to go. thats planty of room to throw a decent size plate in their. i don't have that so i screwed on going threw the shit of raiseing it up but i don't want to get a full cell unless i got to so it's time to raise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.