Dodge Dakota Forum : Custom Dakota Truck Forums - View Single Post - New to the group
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 05-13-2015, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Oelkuch
Forum Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
New to the group

Picked up this 94 Dakota sport for 200 bucks. I was told the tranny blew while driving on the hi way. For 200 a quick swap. That's a great deal. A buddy and I dragged it home the old fashion way with ropes, once it was parked in the driveway I noticed the rear wheel were sticking out a bit. Crawled under and noticed I could see the brake shoes. Jacked it up and I could pull the splines out with the rims still bolted on. Really lucky I didn't lose one while towing it. I pulled the cover off the pumpkin and as I thought. It was the rear end that failed not the transmission, after cleaning out all the chunks and pieces I started the truck put in in gear and the ring gear spun, in reverse it spun the opposite way, awesome. The remaining gears all had teeth missing so I pulled the whole axle.

My plan is to build a hot rod pickup or a small muscle truck. Researching for the strongest and easiest axle swap, right now it will have the factory 3.9l and trans.
Will upgrade when I find the right eng and std trans. Going to figure out how to upload pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	9018  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome