Dodge Dakota Forums banner

New to forum, 3.9 to 5.9 swap issues

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  2000Sport 
#1 ·
My 2000 Dakota 3.9 started knocking, so I did the 5.9 swap, using the original 42RE trans. I had a partial harness with the injector ends needed, changed them. I added the two extra injector into the harness according to my manual, there was a grey plastic plug in the 6 cyl harness where I put the wires. First there was a no start with the 5.9 magnum ECM but had the shorted TCC code. I put in the 3.9 v6, started and ran awful with the same TCC code. I sent the ECM to B&G Performance to fix the no start and a custom tune, still no start! Sent it and the original 3.9 ECM for them to figure out. Original ECM fired right up and ran much better, still has the TCC shorted code and in limp mode. Still only running on 6cyl but reconizing #7 and #8 cylinders no with injector circuit malfuction codes. I triple checked the wiring in big white connector #2 . I have all new sensors and a bigger trans cooler but I doubt that will fix it. I am seriously considering piggy backing the injector wires off two not the closest firing cylinders. Still only leaves me with partial trans gears. I want this "easy" swap figured out, any help would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.