Alaskan Loose in the Neighborhood! - Dodge Dakota Forum : Custom Dakota Truck Forums
Noobie Introductions If your new to the site, this is the place to meet everyone and tell us about yourself and truck.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-05-2020, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Alaskan Loose in the Neighborhood!

Hello Fellow Dakotan's
PolarBearBob (PPB) here in the land of the "Chosen Frozen". I'm always in the market for wisdom and hoping that you fine people will be willing to share some of yours with me. I've got some time on my hands now that Cyrus the Virus is wandering the neighborhoods of America. So let's work on the Dakota Pickup.
I have a 1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4, 5.2L V8, Club Cab. I intend to rebuild the motor and the auto trans. Nothing radical, just respectable. I'll stay with the 5.2 and try to encourage some additional ponies out of her. I like having a 4X4 and I use this as a work truck some of the time.

I saw an article on one of the forums about swapping out the rear axle for a newer version with disk brakes. Does any additional electrical-mechanical intestines have to be transplanted with this kind of swap? I'd like to hear your thoughts. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I'm also a big believer in pay as you go, If your advice is helpful that might entitle you to some of PPB's custom smoked Alaska Salmon, qualities are limited, so first come first serve, you pay the freight.

Regards,
PPB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-04-2020, 11:27 PM
Forum Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
Howdy! That sounds like a fun project. You may want to try to post your questions on the tech section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode