LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-14-2008, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Points: 953, Level: 12 Points: 953, Level: 12 Points: 953, Level: 12
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Pool Safety - Please Read

hey everyone, I just got done responding to a post on another forum about this subject and realized that i should probably post this on the Dakota forums i frequent since allot of us have kids and it is summertime. below is my response to the post on the other forum...
Guys I can't preach enough the Value of Pool Safety. I can no longer relax when I am at somones house and there are young kids in or around a pool.
I guess it's been about 8 years now but my wife and I were at one of my best friends house for a memorial day party. This was a "family" type party, and there were allot of kids and adults around. Some of the adults were in the house watching a nascar race while the remainder of the adults were in the backyard within probably twenty feet of the pool. There was a group of kids playing in the pool.
My wife and I had stepped inside for a little bit to see what was going on with the race and all of a sudden one of the women comes running into the house yelling call 911. My wife and I go outside to find my Friend and his wife trying to revive their little boy with CPR. Well, it turned out that my Friends little boy "Dillan" who was about two and a half years old, had got down from the table (he was inside eating lunch and his water wings had been removed while he was eating) and had walked out the backdoor into the pool area without anyone seeing him. He fell into the pool and even though there was a group of kids (around 9 or 10 years old) playing in the pool, they never saw him. There was a bunch of rafts in the pool and he wasn't seen until one of the kids moved a raft and Dillan was under it. it was believed that Dillan was on the edge of the pool reaching trying to grab a raft when he fell in.
The paramedics got there and he was life flighted to one of the local hospitals, because of that neither my friend or his wife could go along so my wife and I rushed them to the hospital in my car, when we got there they were informed that Dillan didn't make it.
I will NEVER forget that day and the sight of my friends trying to revive their small son and I HOPE that none of you EVER have to witness a similar situation. So, like I said at the start, I CANNOT STRESS enough the importance of safety when small children and pools are combined, don't let your guard down for a minute and don't ever assume that there's plenty of people around to make sure nothing will happen. If there's kids in the pool there needs to be an adult or adults whose sole purpose is to stay in that pool area and watch the kids...plain and simple.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-14-2008, 08:00 AM

Points: 7,990, Level: 38 Points: 7,990, Level: 38 Points: 7,990, Level: 38
Send a message via AIM to lilbrucie Send a message via MSN to lilbrucie Send a message via Yahoo to lilbrucie
O goodness man i know that is so sad.... my friends mama drowned in one about 3 years ago, she fell in and couldnt swim...

Yes adults do really need to pay more attention.

Im sorry that you had to see that man, stuff like that is very hard to over come

Bruce
06 Dak w/ 18 in Cruiser Alloys
Flomaster 40 Exhaust

Someday...

post #3 of 3 Old 07-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Admin .. Serious business

Points: 13,912, Level: 51 Points: 13,912, Level: 51 Points: 13,912, Level: 51
Send a message via MSN to Alta Boy
Very sad. Both of my kids can swim like a fish but that still doesn't stop me from watching them like a hawk when we go to the lake or when they're in the pool. There have been a few occasions where they've gotten themselves into near trouble and I've intervened. And it happens very quickly.

Pete

Quad Squad Lowlife

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode