Dodge Dakota Forums banner

New Chrome Process

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  minilowz 
#1 ·
A new type of chroming process which seems to be a type of pwdercoating. Supposedly more durable then regular chrome and if the pictures are for real the stuff looks amazing. I pulled this off my motorcycle forum, thought some of you guys might like to see this.
http://www.goodrichtechnology.com/index.html

#3 ·
american racing wheel was the one who came up with this idea they can even color the chrome so it has different tint to it i have a friend that works for american and he said they r not quite done with the idea but its gonna have like a 7 year warranty and be alot cheaper the chrome because it is easier to make

#4 · (Edited)
ADR has been doing this on their wheels for years, they call it hyper-chrome, I had a set on my old SRT-4, not too bad, but dulled out quickly, required constant waxing. but it was cheaper than buying real chrome wheels, and a bonus alot lighter than chrome

Edit: just googled hyperchrome, it seems it just chrome paint, but oh well that would explain why it dulled out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.