Dodge Dakota Forums banner

Shelby Dakota Mods

10K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  ronn1592 
#1 ·
I do not own a Shelby, just a Shelby fastback. I like white a lot better than glacier blue lol. I wish the photo I was working with had a white visor because I will have both that fastback and a visor but without those wheel well trims. I did not put my wheels on it but the upper right corner AMC TurbocastII, also cut the corner marker lights and added some honeycomb mesh in the fastback wedge punch-out. The black hood travels down the top of the fenders under the windows and fades up the backside, with what I feel is a necessary black wedge in front of the mirrors. What do you think??

This is what a fastback looks like with a visor...pretty cool IMO:

See less See more
#3 ·
Its a hit or miss I guess, neither are as clean as clean gets so I can see how some might not like it. I like things that are different but not over accessorized it seems to be a very broad range

Do you want sealed beams in the 2nd gen clip or a complete first gen clip?

#5 ·
I think that fastback thing would look better on a long bed. It looks goofy on the regular.

2nd gen clip. I can find the trim but not the headlight assembly. I don't know if they mount right to the core support or if there is a bucket they go to first like the aero lights. Obviously I can get the light itself at any auto store.

#6 ·
Has anyone ever seen a louver wedge placed in the fastback punch-out where I put in that mesh?? Like a real "fastback hatchback" with the side louvers??

#8 ·
I located and purchased an original 89' fastback off a Shelby, and I had been toying with an idea. If I had a bed cover from the tailgate right to the rear window covering the whole bed...and then large louvers across the rear of the fastback it would look very different but I would have to use a solid color on my hood or else it would look funny with black:

#9 · (Edited)
I think I'm getting closer...I was toying with the idea of doing custom T-tops when it dawned on me to go full blown targa-top. If you look at what targa-tops came on they are all 2-door hatchbacks (with a triangular wedge behind the door/roll bar). Not sure if anyone has seen this S10 targa-top Photoshop rendering, it's cool but looks weird with the flat wall/rear window behind the roll bar...which is where my Shelby fastback will come into play perfectly so I still have the same shape only it's in the bed and there are no seats under it like in a car. The fastback is almost shaped at the same pitch as the windshield so it kind of always looked to me like a reversed model of the windshield but the targa-top breaks up that line nicely!

EDIT: I did an actual Shelby since that is my intention to build so everything is proportionate, I couldn't do the window down but this is the easiest way to actually go about building this by leaving the original door jam in tact which does not look that bad IMO

#12 ·
I'm at it again with the front end, this is how I want mine setup (I just need the Shelby air dam / skirt)

I would shave those fog light openings though and not use plastic wheel well trim, corners lights are shaved and I cut the bumper ends but I would want a custom pan that is flush with the grill instead of using the bumper.

I would want that front end with the grill mesh I put in my truck out of a Ram:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.