Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so im creative and have no friends, plus im good at fabbing and installations on almost anything automotive, so heres an idea for yall to use if u want

side note-this is for trucks without a factory fog wiring harness

first take off your whole front end..... ok jus your front bumper cover. this is easy but takes a few more minutes but worth it for the best routing and mounting options, jus 6 easy screws and 4 easy clips.

utilize the plastic bumper reinforcement to your advantage, lots of flat squared cubbys and holes to fill to your preference.
i personally went right above the lights

drill a couple holes and screw in the ballast and be ready to zip tie

zip tie all extra wiring but make sure the bulb wire is not zip tied in case you wanna replace a bulb its easy jus to unplug and replace instead of reaching up and cutting zip ties and having to deal with wires when theres no need for it

sling the plug over leaving a little slack in case you have to take the whole bumper assembly off you can jus unplug it

jus route your wires up to your fuse box or straight to the battery with a toggle switch or however you want.

my buddy who helped me out during the whole process

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
previous owner hit the front on something and bought a new bumper cover but after taking the bumper cover off i saw that the reinforcement bar was bent in and he never replaced either, explaining why my bumper cover didnt line up and was off jus a bit on one side. so i got a new bar on order, till then naked front

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
bumper cover back on for now till paint next week

ddm 10k h10s that shine off as a in between 6k and 8k color temp but i like it. have xenon halogen bulbs for now will get 10k bulbs for the headlights once i have projectors

we all like pics right

· Registered
1 Posts
previous owner hit the front on something and bought a new bumper cover but after taking the bumper cover off i saw that the reinforcement bar was bent in and he never replaced either, explaining why my bumper cover didnt line up and was off jus a bit on one side. so i got a new bar on order, till then naked front
Hi, I see this is an old post but I have a similar problem with a 2005 Dakota I recently purchased. The front bumper/cover is way out of line. Not straight or even across. What or how did you take the bumper cover off? Does that bolt, on the bottom side of the round frame that the bumper is bolted to, have to be loosened? I haven't been able to break it loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts