Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a turbo just hanging out in my room and a side mount in the backseeat of the truck..i got a few other turbo parts around my buddy's shop. Has anyone ever tried or actually boosted the 3.7 yet? or can anyone point me in the right direction do doing this right?

·
Registered
105 Posts
what size turbos you talking? LOL i will be turboing my 318 this winter/spring (once i finish building the new hot motor...LOL)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well my buddy with a vw got a bigger turbo and intercooler so i flat out asked if i can have his stock ones and he had no problems handing them over. I noticed that the low end has pretty descent power so i figured the turbo would help on the high end where it feels like power cuts out

·
Registered
105 Posts
Youre gonna need a bigger turbo than a stock v dub..... That turbo will go into choke at about 3krpm..... then all it does is over heat the air and any gains are lost....

Gonna have to do a LOT of reading on sizing a turbo....LOL i suggest starting with Corky Bell's book, Maximum Boost... Lays out how to do most all of the turbo stuff the right way...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts