Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Swap

Once the engine was done came the hard part... putting it in. it took several months and much help from family and friends to first find the ever eluding frame mounts (2.5L had different frame mounts then 3.9 and 5.2), and then put it all together and shoehorn the engine and transmission into the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The next thing I've been doing since working the kinks out of the engine (still a few), has been working on the appearance of the truck. so far I have put 18"x8" Mazda RX8 wheels with Pirelli 245/50/18 Cinturato P7 run flat tires and I have started body work on the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some pics of the truck. Ill get updated ones here soon. its not the prettiest right now but it will be someday soon hopefully. Check out my video of the truck running. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRG8PTdKMsY

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update

This is a little update of the truck. So recently ive started rust repair on my wheel arches (Damn MN!!) here are a few pics of the truck today. The black stuff is rust converter for the remaining rust i have.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice... Anything done to the motor, or just a stock rebuild essentially..??
all the internals are stock but i have a performer intake, a HEI distributor, Straight side pipes (look me up on youtube to see it run) and a Edelbrock Carb, but besides that everything else is stock.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update

So im now at College so as of right now i don't have my truck but i thought id put an update on what i did and apparently didnt post. So i filled the rust hole and painted the other side of the truck, its soon going to be one solid color :smile I also got the roll pan to match the rest of the truck to make it look a little more complete. I know this isn't a very big update but its all I've got for now.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts