Dodge Dakota Forum : Custom Dakota Truck Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys is there anyone or does anyone know of a reg cab dak tuckin 24's laying frame ? want to do that unless someone elses already done it:049: thanks guys

·
Resident Superhero
4,762 Posts
on yours?
goooooood luck, it can be done if you can get them to camber in enough to clear the fender. on rubberbands, you'd be riding on corners if you drag, and you'd need crazy front lift.

i'm hoping to go BD on 22's

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have some 24" and some 15 series tires perelli just came out with but i mean has anyone done it? or is it just somethign that everyone has i like being different changing my stuff up once a year.

·
Resident Superhero
4,762 Posts
if i were you, i'd bolt up the 24's and see what it would really take to fit,
the back would be easy

i remember 1 dak on 24's he was on here but not many pics, and i don't think hes been on in a long ass time
24's on a framed dak is like a black diamond, might exist. but goood fuckin luck finding it

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k so if i pulled that off then it would be somethign wild? And if anyone knew anythign that would be the kinda thing that would be a show stoper right?

·
Resident Superhero
4,762 Posts
anything is possible. if you z your front you could deff pull it off.
if im not mistaken his frame is z'd
the hard part is with him being BD'd hes got even less clearance
so a +45 offset and mad negative camber seems to be on order

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
anything is possible. if you z your front you could deff pull it off.
even if he z's the front he might run into a problem with clearing fender (cuz they dont have the room that we do in our early gens)..im not too sure it would work since hes BD. JMO

but hell give it a shot

·
Resident Superhero
4,762 Posts
even if he z's the front he might run into a problem with clearing fender (cuz they dont have the room that we do in our early gens)..im not too sure it would work since hes BD. JMO
thats what i was thinking, thats why i say to test fit, if he can get it to camber like crazy he might have a shot

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you can't make room inside then make some on the outside. A subtle 2" buldge in the fender will make the clearance needed to tuck 24s would it not?

What is the overall diameter and width of the wheel tire combo? How high do you drive off of the deck? (frame to pavement at ride height).

Sounds like a fun challenge!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Gonna be tight, I have seen one BD dakota running 22s in the front, it is extremely close to the fender, and hood. Possible, I think so, but it is going to be a hell of a project. Def going to need different upper arms, narrowed and raised so not to bind ball joints, not going to have much in the line of turning radius either. Goo luck, hope you get it to work for you, it would be sick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts