Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 2000 Dodge Dokota 3.9. It's Now A Show Truck But I Haven't Done Anything Under The Hood. Is There A Super Charger Or Turbo For This Engine. What Other Performance Parts Would You Suggest.

Thanks Guys

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
There was a member on another Dakota web site who made his own turbocharger system for his 3.9 so it can be done.

As far as other mods go there are quite a few tricks to boost the HP of a 3.9

- V8 throttle body
- Superchips
- Cold air intake
- Catback exhaust system

And the list goes on .....

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Turbos are like air bags n drop blocks very universal,you just gotta now wut ur doin or find a shop that can.U could buy a 5.2 vortec super n modify it for a 3.9, same engine setup just as in a v8

·
Registered
6 Posts
I Have A 2000 Dodge Dokota 3.9. It's Now A Show Truck But I Haven't Done Anything Under The Hood. Is There A Super Charger Or Turbo For This Engine. What Other Performance Parts Would You Suggest.

Thanks Guys

Hey bro i got a 1999 4x4 with a 3.9 turbo charged. I paid alot to have everything done but it was so worth it. it sounds bad ass and fast as hell. STS makes a universal turbo kit you might want to give them a look. The only thing your going to need to do is to do the piping yourself also your going to need a new SMU and 30-40lb injectors. you wont have to do any internal mods to the motor if you stay under 8lbs. i started out with 6 when i got it im at 8lbs now and my dak is a monster. If your wondering how much of a difference it makes i can beat a mustang GT with decent mods done to it. good luck in what ever you decide to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am pushing 8lbs of boost (using 93oct fuel),40lbs injectors, SMU chip, underdrive pullies, intake, full exauhst (headers, and flowmasters) after all that on the dyno which isn't cheep, im running at 324.4hp at the wheels. i have yet to run the truck on the track. i got to fix a trans problem first. does anyone know where i can get a beefed up trans?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I am pushing 8lbs of boost (using 93oct fuel),40lbs injectors, SMU chip, underdrive pullies, intake, full exauhst (headers, and flowmasters) after all that on the dyno which isn't cheep, im running at 324.4hp at the wheels. i have yet to run the truck on the track. i got to fix a trans problem first. does anyone know where i can get a beefed up trans?
I got a quote from a local shop $325 for parts and labor to throw in a shift kit...and he said he knew a few tricks to make it shift harder and not slip at all

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had my trans done by dynotech in Long Island. Never had problems again! They installed billet internals, modified my valve body and installed better clutches and did other stuff to it to make it stronger. Expect to pay close to $4000 just for the trans but you probably wont need all the stuff I had done with 324 at the wheels so it should be cheaper.

·
Registered
251 Posts

Thanks Guys
Get a supercharger for a 5.2 or 5.9 and bolt it up to your 3.9 and the most significant thing you have to do is shorten the pipe from the blower to the throttle body.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I've always considering doing a build on my 3.9 and making some sort of twin turbo setup, but I don't care ALL that much for the go, and the troubles of having a boosted motor when your not really goin to use it. ALTHOUGH at either end of the spectrum it would look AWSOME with two snails above the inner fenders... LOL...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts