Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
which way to Shangri La?
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
actually, the 29.75" stock 16x8 wheel+tire. got full hotchkis 2/3 drop on the way and i was told i need to shorten my front tire height to at most 28". i know i can fit the 29.75"s there but how much rubbing can i expect on the drop until i get lower profile tires? or can anyone share experiences with 29 inch tires on a 2/3 drop? thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
how did u figure out your tires were 30" tall ? my tires are 255/55/17 and i was told id hav no probs with a 2 inch drop

·
Registered
442 Posts
you should have no problems with that setup, but if you go any bigger you are gonna run into rubbing on your fender flares issues. We have a guy that accidently got 4.7 front springs and it droped his front end to low....the inner fender flares on the front are horribly rubbed...just a thought...

·
Registered
180 Posts
you could always get like a 2-35 series for the front, cuz if your gonna rub anyplace its gonna be in the front. goodluck

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thats true, alot of people buy a smaller profile tire for up front to avoid those issues...

·
Registered
180 Posts
let see some pics when u get a chance

·
Registered
442 Posts
Did you drive it long enough to notice rubbing issues? Take a pic of the fender well above the tire for comparsion later..good luck!

·
which way to Shangri La?
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

right now the measurements from the underside of the fender flares to the ground is 32.5" up front and 34.5" in the back. have about 3" of fender gap in front, 4" in back.

previous owner of these wheels ran them on a 2/3 AIM industries drop. told me rubbing only occurred up front when hitting potholes/speedbumps at 25+ mph. on the 200 mile trip home after picking these up, i felt no real difference between them and the stock wheels

·
Registered
180 Posts
you might wanna think about selling the 45 series and then buyin some 35 series for the front. cuz then you shouldnt hav any rubbing issues... going from a 45 to a 35 series tires will lower you an inch and then you could just get some R/T coils and lower the front another 1 inch and you'd get your 2 inch drop. btw i have a set of R/T coils for sale!

·
Registered
867 Posts
i have a 4 in front drop and i have never had rubbing problems and i only have 1 inch gap between the fender and the op of the tire

·
Registered
180 Posts
Striped99 said:
i have a 4 in front drop and i have never had rubbing problems and i only have 1 inch gap between the fender and the op of the tire
what wheel/tire combo are you running?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Striped99 said:
i would have to see that to believe it...impossible

·
Registered
180 Posts
i might beleive that if your running like a 35 series tire on a 15" rim

·
Registered
867 Posts
i have 255/55/15s, I guess i have rubbed a few times when i am turning all the way and hit a bump but that was hardly anything at all, nothing to complain about except that i have no suspension travel in front...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts