Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought my dakota a few months ago....and i was just wondering whats the next performance upgrade i should do... i was thinking new exhaust or maybe an intake......any suggestions ?!

·
Registered
8 Posts
360 intake, and a 52mm tb!

·
Registered
53 Posts
definately a cold air intake, worth every penny !headbang

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what would you suggest? an F&B throttle body or a Fastman throttle body

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey slow97dakota.....do you have a 360 air intake on your dak....if so did it cost around $180 ?!

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you got da monies...... Get the M1 intake manifold..... gotta be first.... It's the best

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i checked out the prices on a few websites.....and i saw it on socaldakota.com for $455.00......have you seen it anywhere cheaper?

G

·
m-1 intake, cam (while your at it), roller rockers, fastman TB (52mm), pph mid length headers, and a decent muffler (i like flowmaster) will deff wake your truck up. ond if you havn't done gears yet, 5spd go 3.92 gears. auto go 4.10 gears and a locker of course. then your truck will be badass. thats a shipped price from socal. he's a good guy to deal with. cause you have to get hte M-1 itself then get the install kit (gaskets etc) i'll have to check my invoice from dodge. i think i might have gotten it a bit cheaper. cam regrind through comp is bout $200 shipped. just need a stock cam (jsut used my last one) fastman is alot cheaper then F&B. and jsut as good. rockers are gonn run above $300 used. probly some on ebay. gonna need new springs as well. again those can all be mopar parts. new lifters ($100) new pushrods ($100 for nascar rods) a good place to check out is KRCperformance.com they know their $hit. bit pricey but they can set you in the right direction and at least get pricing ideas on all of that. hope this helps some. i can get you pricing if you want on all of that. drop me a line [email protected]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i appreciate the list....i just got my air intake from prozen motorsports......and probably about summer time i will start messing with with more performance options, but for now i need to get a new bumper, windshield, and a clutch.
Know any good brands for clutches? or where i can find a good one cheap?

·
Registered
867 Posts
i dropped the clutch fan on mine for a proform electric fan with adjustable thermostat control...it gave me about 12lbs more torq or so and it runs about 10 to 20 degrees cooler

·
Registered
138 Posts
M1s are very pricey but worth it. I think I would start with little mods. A 180 tstat, better plug wires, or cai you know little things.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey stripe99 that is one awesome truck dude.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts