Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant seem to find anyone that carrys drop shocks for my truck. i also heard that the bel-tech nitros are soft?i want a stiff good shock that will fit a 4-6.

also i bought the truck lowered and im just judging the drop on what my buddy said it is...
have a look http://www.geocities.com/it_1967/Dakotafront.JPG

it looks like a 4-6 being as though the frame is f'ing low. ive checked abunch of places around me and nothing.

les schwab said that 4-4 drop shocks will work with a 4-6 drop.. is this true?
any help would be great

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've ran Nitro-Drops before. There a decent shock. As for Toxic Shock, im not sure. I've heard mixed opinions on them. I run Belltech Nitro-Actives and I would say they pretty decent upper level shock. Seem to be stiff enough for a slam.

As for your truck which you said you purchased used, I would think maybe your actual drop height might be a 3-5. I noticed a tiny amount of rake on the truck.

G

·
thanx Dane, i could be wrong but i dont think they make a 3-5 drop for the Dak.

ill look into toxic

is there anyone who has purchsed shocks latly for a droped dakota (no air)?? what did you buy?? im looking for good handling.

G

·
ok so there are 3-5 drops.. but i still havent esitabished which shocks i need.....

WHAT SHOCK COMPANYS MAKES SHCOKS FOR LOWERED DAKOTAS THAT ARE STIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anonymous said:
ok so there are 3-5 drops.. but i still havent esitabished which shocks i need.....

WHAT SHOCK COMPANYS MAKES SHCOKS FOR LOWERED DAKOTAS THAT ARE STIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Belltech

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go with Doestch Tech shocks. I have been very satisfied with them. I had them on my truck when it was dropped 6/8. I got all of my stuff direct from Western Chassis in Fresno, CA. You can buy them online or by phone from [link=hyperlink url]http://www.sporttruckdirect.com[/link]

I think Summit or Jegs might carry them as well. And probably at a lower price.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i went with the doestech shocks they were stiff. but the ride was comfortable. talk to jody at sport truck he can help with you issue but i think you would be happy with the doestech's or even kyb monomax shocks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts