Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 4.7 2wd with a decent amount invested under the hood and one of my buddies has a 5.9 rt, also with money invested. I have never challenged him because I just always knew that mine was faster. Last weekend we were at a party and he started talking smack about his truck being the fastest in our area. I knew he was full of it so I called him out in front of everyone. Thats all it took to get a 1/4 mile drag set with about 50 people watching. Bottom line, it was no contest. I even slowed down to let him catch up and then smoked him again. Now instead of being the fastest truck in the area, he is known as the dude that got smoked twice in the same 1/4 mile run. He was pretty pissed, but he'll get over it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got all the regular bolt-on parts - K&N Cold air intake, Gibson headers and exhaust, etc. as well as some machine work done to the block with SRP pistons +30. I put most of my money into my s10 and my quad though. My dakota is my everyday driver, but that doesn't mean that it can't be a fast everyday driver.

·
Registered
22 Posts
typical R/T owner...................

·
Registered
7 Posts
What kind of times are you runnin'? R/T's are pretty stout...

-miggity

·
Registered
138 Posts
They are with some bolt ons but they arent as bad as ppl think they are. They have alot of C.I. though compared to most car/trucks of today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts