Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to get all my plans straight before i jump into this. Typically how long should my 4 link bars be? Im gonna order the triagulated 4 link kit from SD. Does it just come in one size or do I need to tell them how long I need it? Also will Slam RE7s fit up front without rubbing. THANKS in advance you guys are awesome.

·
Registered
985 Posts
typically the longer the bars are the better. i havent done my dakota yet so i cnat tell you exact length but im sure some one could help you there.

also will the top links clear the gas tank or are you using a fuel cell??

the shorter the link the more arc you get in the and might cuase the wheels to tuck into the front section of the wheel well. and also cuase the drive shaft to to jam ( at leat this is what happens with the s10s i would imagine it to be the same witht he dak. )

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on getting a fuel cell. I want to run the 4 link in front of the axle on the inside of the frame rails.

·
Registered
985 Posts
alot of guys run the lower links on the out side on a dak and fit the bags over the links i take it your running a wide rear tire and narrowing the rear end??

·
Registered
31 Posts
make sure u find someone to narrow ur rear first so u dont have to take off the 4 link tabs after u do the 4 link. unless u have crazy offset rims.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what is a good length? im wanting to order some stuff pretty soon. Will the RE7 fit up front?

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
You might want to try to talk to djwolf cause if i remember correctly hes runin re7's.Also if you put bags on the four link bars get some gussets from www.suicidedoors.com so your bars dont bend.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You will have to trim to fit re7s in the front but worth it in my opinion. I switched from 6s to 7s and love it.AS for the 4 link you have to figure out where you are going to mount everything and measure your lengths.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok cool im gonna order my bags this week im ordering a custom air kit from Suicide Doors, this is what i think im gonna get: i want to order the tri-4 link kit from them too. when i get some more money
Does this look good?
145/175 PSI Non-Adj.
SMC Water Trap 1/2"
50ft of 1/4" DOT Reinforced Air Line
50ft of 1/2" DOT Reinforced Air Line
KP 200 PSI Single Needle
SMC 1/2" Dump Valve
Black 8 Gallon 8 Port
KP 200 PSI Dual Needle
SMC 1/2" Fill Valve
Slam Specialties 8" RE 200 PSI Single Port (Rear Bags)
Slam Specialties 7" RE 200 PSI Single Port (Front Bags)
AVS ARC-T7 Trans Polished 7 Toggle Switch
No 2nd Compressor
Air Zenith 200 PSI Compressor

·
Registered
270 Posts
looks like a pretty good set up, I'm sure you do but you know you need 8 valves right. also, I would probably upgrade from that pressure switch to a square D, thats just my personal preference. Good luck, hope it comes out nice for you.

·
223 Posts
1/8" will be plenty for the gauges. You would probably not notice a difference if you ran a 3/8" dump (at least at those pressures). I had 3/8 GC 250's on mine they were faster than I wanted. With those bags I can see you maxing out shock/suspension something physical before you reach 200 psi (just because you can move more weight with less pressure using more volume). I would recommend running running seperate fill/dump valves for the front or run a antisway bar to minimize body roll.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya i am getting 8 valves total, i thought about getting the 3/8 for dump but didnt know how much difference it would make. I had a civic with cylinders and 1/2" dump valves were crazy fast! but i know bags are different.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yea but your truck weighs more then a civic. I wish I had 3/8 dumps sometimes but I've gotten good with the switch so I'm used to it now. Also run 1/8 line for your gauges. It's much easier to deal with and run in a vehicle.

·
Registered
985 Posts
3/8 valves are alot nicer for dump valves i get customers all the time saying i want 1/2" valves for everything then i allow them to play with my other toy 2001 xtreme that i baged for a girl that turned into the shop project/ show truck. and they see how hard the 3/8 valve dumps on that. yo can also do a reducer to slow the air down.

i use GC valves love them never had trouble with them the ones in my car are 4 years old this winter and did my first rebuild on them cuase they started to leak but for 10 bucks a valve to fix there nice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts