Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is the wrong forum, but this is the only one I check everyday, so, Gimmie some help.

I got an estemate of $430 to paint the following..

Keep in mind I have a dakota sport...so, all parts that are black on there, will be painted RED.

Front bumper peice
roll pan
5 door handles/tail gate handle
2 mirrors

Sound about right to you?

·
223 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal. Are you leaving the handles rough or are you getting them sanded smooth? Same goes for the mirrors, that is if your using stock ones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything will be sanded smooth. I actually got another estimate of $325 from a different shop, but they were completely clueless on how to paint the handles and mirrors. They didnt even know it was different from painting the body. Hell, they didnt even have a paint room! Just a garage all wide open for al the dirt and depris to get caught on fresh paint. MORONS.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thats sounds like a pretty good deal. I'd do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me, but you might want to be sure and take all the pieces off your truck first. I know this is kind of a gimme but I left my parts on and the body shop painted them on the truck. Everything came out fine except for the dirt that is now clearcoated on the paint (right behind the rear tires) from when they cleared the Roll pan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, thats sucks. I'm sure no one but you noticed it though.

Yea, I'm taking it to them in peices, no reason to leave the truck there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounda about right. I'm picking up mine today.
Did mirrors 5 handles and bezels, front and rear bumper cladding, and windshield cowl piece.
Mine came to $6 even.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts