Dodge Dakota Forum : Custom Dakota Truck Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to opportunity to buy a "5.9" out of a wrecked 03/04 Dakota QC that is suppose to have a 5.9 . The guy is selling the 5.9 and trans with driveshaft and the Entire PCM/Harness for $600 firm. Im not ready pull my 3.9 yet but have been talking about it for awhile. Afeter browsing Dak-Durango.com and the R/T site I came up with some swap info but little on Casting numbers...but before I get carried away I want to verify its a 5.9 first.

I'm new to the Magnum Mopar engine world and curious if the newer 360s still have 360 cast on the side of the block or if anyone can provide a link for block casting numbers.

Apparently there were 5.9s in QCs in 03/04

Im going to try to get the 9.25 w LSD outta the deal as well

Any info or advice would be appreciated........

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool guys thanks Yea I talked to my boss and a few people on the dak-durango site and they all showed me pics of what to look for ...now just gotta find out if this thing is the real deal....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I looked at the engine and its a clean 5.9

360 stamped right at the end of the block casting numbers on the drivers side...

Complete with PCM and trans...motors looked clean no leaky valve covers or anything. The driveshaft thats with it is alumium tho but I think its too long as it came out of a QC

I told the guy I'd buy it now the fun stuff of doing the swap!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
post some pics when you can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You bought this car? I also plan to buy a car where I will be the second owner, but I've never done it before and I'm worried that I might get into some problems with buying a used car. If you have any ideas how to check the history of a car in Australia then I would appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
0 Posts
You bought this car? I also plan to buy a car where I will be the second owner, but I've never done it before and I'm worried that I might get into some problems with buying a used car. If you have any ideas how to check the history of a car in Australia then I would appreciate any advice.
I know that you can check a car using special online services by the VIN number of the car you want to buy. It's not complicated and doesn't take much time. Here https://www.quickppsr.com.au/vin-check you can find a more detailed description of how to do this and what information you can get from this auto check. I think this is a really convenient service in order to make buying a used car more secure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts