Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it posible to take heads off a 5.9 R/T magnum and install them on a 5.2 magnum? Just woundering if they mount the same. My instructions for my Headers say they fit 5.2L and 5.9L but not the 5.9R/T? Why is this? Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
if your willing to put out the money to change the heads just buy a 360 from the junk yard and rebuild it the way you want it then drop it in i just made a score last week at the yard i bought a 360 out of a 99 durango r/t the truck had 35000 miles i got the motor for 800 bux i pulled the valve cover nad the spark pluggs both spotless

·
Registered
36 Posts
the 5.9 r/t heads will fit on the 5.2 magum engine, the only difference between the r/t heads and your stock heads is the r/t heads flow like 2% better then your stockers. my father has the mopar performace parts 2.02 valve heads on his r/t and they woke that truck up. the stock heads off my dads truck went on my uncles 92 318 dakota and that thing seemed to run good after the swap. my opion would be if you are going to change the heads have them flow benched and port and polish to get the max out of them also have a 5 angle valve job done

·
Registered
138 Posts
yeah pretty much zero difference and not worth the problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts