Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
buy a v8, the money u spend on maing that 4 banger as fast as a v8 u could have had a v8 from a junkyard and fixed it up to be as fats as r/t's

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go big or go home, is it true??

So, I've been seriously thinking about swapping the 318 out of my 92 Dakota and up until now I was looking at 360s... then I decided to read this section of the forums where I saw that there were turbo 4 bangers and I got to thinking... What kind of horsepower do they have? Would I be gaining or losing power compared to a V8. I can only imagine the gas mileage would be better. I'm just wondering as far as boosting the performance is it worth it to go smaller with a turbo instead of bigger with no power adders? Oooorrrr how easy would it be to get the turbo system off an old shadow or whatnot and adapt it to a V8? Hopefully someone can enlighten me on at least some of this.

·
Resident Superhero
4,762 Posts
2.5- no balls
DO NOT GET ONE
i have one and am happy as a qweer in a hotdog eating contest.

but you cannot get much power out of them,
i'm TTing mine someday, and i like the room i have to fit wheels where they don't belong, next to the engine! yay

just turbo your v8

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
stick with the 318,huge aftermarket cause thats the old skool la style block so even more aftermarket.parts are a dime a dozen for old skool mopar 318 n such

·
Registered
867 Posts
buy a v8, the money u spend on maing that 4 banger as fast as a v8 u could have had a v8 from a junkyard and fixed it up to be as fats as r/t's
hah..u can make a 2.2 or 2.5 turbo easily outrun a v8 kota...i have a rampage with a 2.2 that ive only done match porting on the intake, bigger throttle body off a caravan, bigger injectors, fuel pump, and up the boost to 18psi...i spanked my buddys ws6 by 2 cars...on the track it ran 14.0 at 107mph spinning the tires till half track....itb be badass to have one in a kota...not many ppl have it...theres lots RTs out there....didnt mean to come off like a dick...just my opinion

·
Registered
867 Posts
yea but a rampage is light....youd have to do a pissload of weight reductiuon on a dak to get it that quick
i know thats for sure....but im sayin u can make some good numbers with a turbo 4...275 hp in a turbo 4 that is lighter than a v8 with the same hp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts