Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the deal? I have a 91 dakota with the 3.9l and i find alot of performance parts for only 92 and up 3.9l models. What are the differences between the 91 and 92 3.9l engines?
For example ive found headers for a 92 dak w/3.9l, same with a catback exhaust, but they say they wont fit the 91 model dakotas. Any help would be appreciated.

(91)Dak !dodge

·
Registered
7 Posts
man if you know where you can get parts for a 93 let me know. I can't find much of anything for the 3.9 magnum. the only headers I can find are over 500 bucks. Can't find drop spindles for it for the v6 and so on and so forth. what ever happened to the 100.00 headers? It's a V6 for cripes sake. What I don't get is theres 1000s of them running the roads still, but you can't find much in the way of aftermarket parts. You can buy drop spindles for a 93 V8 and not a 93 V6. this doesn't make much sense considering theres a whole lot more 6s than 8s. woops sorry, got carried away. Later

·
Smurf
263 Posts
i believe dodge changed the block between the 91 and 92 year modles on some of there v6 motors and if i am not mistaken the 3.9 was one of them. i am not compleetly for sure on that one but i will look more int it and get back to you on that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1992 is when the magnum engine came out. It is a completely diferent engine (although it has simularities) and this change was for all sizes of motors. The biggest difference is the multi port injection on the magnums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts