Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 3.9 seized and i found a 318 with a computer and wiring for 150.. where to i need to rewire for a 318 and will motor mounts be the same and what else will need to be swapped of moved

·
Member of Team Awsome
1,261 Posts
motor mounts are the same, I have the 3.9 ones on my 5.2. There is really no "re-wiring" just unplug the old harness and computer, stick in the new one and your on the road.

With the 5 speed I would more be worried if the flywheel is the same, is the v6 clutch the same as the 8?

Other then that theres really nothing to worry about. I had to get longer heater hoses, if your keeping the stock fan youll have to trim the shroud. Your v6 rad will be fine.

I garentee if you start friday night you can drive it monday to work

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
If you are keeping it a stick, you will need the v8 flywheel (I got one if you need it, shoot me a pm) in order to get the propper timing going. The clutch should be the same, but I'd change that as well if I were you. The Ax-15 should hold up, as long as you don't beat on it much.

·
Member of Team Awsome
1,261 Posts
theres one big square plug thats bolted to the firewall..then all the plugs for injectors, sensors and a couple grounds.. then the plug for your pcm thats bolted on

You can honestly have the harness out in about a half hour

1 - 7 of 7 Posts