Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has a mustang gt with the 4.6 and he was talkin shit about my truck which is a 95 dakota with the 318 its got a homemade/k&n cai and dual dynomax exhaust with no cats. anywayz he was talkin shit at school one day about my truck all about how it wasnt fast it was just loud and all that trash. So I told him "If you think that lets run em after school" and he wanted to throw in some money so I told him lets do it so then when we got to this road were everyone races, literally everyone they even have lines painted on the road for 1/8 and 1/4 mile. So we get out there and he wants to run from a 30 kick for 20 bucks and from a dead stop for 100 so i take him up on both deals. We get goin through there and we both hit 30 and I start blowing my horn, and on the second blow he takes off ad I end up hitting the horn for the third time then i kicked it with him a car and a half ahead of me I almost immediatly jumped him 2 cars and i steadily pulled on him till he hit his brakes we went to the end of the road turned around and i asked if he still wanted to run from a dead stop. Stupid him he did so I warm up my drag radials for traction and he does a mini-burnout and we run a 1/4 mile and i smoked his ass by 4 cars. We all went back to town and I got my money, and every since then I have had alot of respect from jst about everyone. I think it was a good spank.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
A buddy of mine has a mustang gt with the 4.6 and he was talkin shit about my truck which is a 95 dakota with the 318 its got a homemade/k&n cai and dual dynomax exhaust with no cats. anywayz he was talkin shit at school one day about my truck all about how it wasnt fast it was just loud and all that trash. So I told him "If you think that lets run em after school" and he wanted to throw in some money so I told him lets do it so then when we got to this road were everyone races, literally everyone they even have lines painted on the road for 1/8 and 1/4 mile. So we get out there and he wants to run from a 30 kick for 20 bucks and from a dead stop for 100 so i take him up on both deals. We get goin through there and we both hit 30 and I start blowing my horn, and on the second blow he takes off ad I end up hitting the horn for the third time then i kicked it with him a car and a half ahead of me I almost immediatly jumped him 2 cars and i steadily pulled on him till he hit his brakes we went to the end of the road turned around and i asked if he still wanted to run from a dead stop. Stupid him he did so I warm up my drag radials for traction and he does a mini-burnout and we run a 1/4 mile and i smoked his ass by 4 cars. We all went back to town and I got my money, and every since then I have had alot of respect from jst about everyone. I think it was a good spank.

Nice kill. Those older mustangs aren't too quick at all. I've beaten an older cobra with drag radials at my local track several times and i'm on street tires...beat him last night actually. Mods will really wake them up but in stockish form they aren't all that. Last night we ran and I got a 9.14 and he got a 9.65 in the 1/8 mile. He messed up his launch and his shifts I think...normally he's lower in the 9's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts