Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 dakota that I rebuilt last year. My family owns a chrysler, jeep and dodge dealership so all of the parts I used are factory. I added power mirrors, satelite radio and I shaved the door handles. Additionally, i two toned the truck midnight blue (chrysler paint code PB8) and graphite (PDR). The graphite is on the bottom of the truck (like factory) and i added fender flares and painted them graphite too. Honestly, the truck is not as nice as most of the trucks on this site. When i rebuilt it I had just begun doing body work so some minor imprefections exist. I baked the doors even though they contained fiberal filler, causing them to expand slightly where the handles used to be. That can easily be fixed by blocking down the primer and repainting. The top of the bed is not perfect but an over the rail bedliner or spray in liner that rolls the top would easily hide the minor dents that exist. I ran jump wires to the bottom of the the front bumper so the car can be hooked up to a battery without opening the doors incase the battery dies and the poppers wont work. However, i never added a manual lever to spring the doors if you lock the popper inside. There is an extra popper with the set and additional ones can be programed very easily. The doors need new latches because they sometimes bind but bearclaw latches are dirt cheap and work the best. I would be willing to install them if necessary. The truck has 110k but runs very strong. Like I said my family owns a dealership and I work there so its been taken excelent care of since I purchased it. Im confident that it runs better than most other trucks with that kind of mileage. There is no rust on the truck what so ever. I won't lie, this truck is a project. However, I think it is good truck to start with for someone who wants a dakota and some money left over to customize it. If anyone is interested you can email me at [email protected]. I'll post pictures this weekend and i can email them to anyone interested.

·
Registered
180 Posts
def gonna need to post up a link to or some pics gonna be hard to sell it without them!! goodluck though

1 - 2 of 2 Posts