Dodge Dakota Forums banner

99 dakota lift help

22K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  1lowdingo 
#1 ·
i got a 99 dodge dakota SLT 4x4 v8 318 and i was wanting some advice on what i should do. I want get a 3 or 4" susp lift but most of them are coil springs and its got torsion. Would it be cheaper to BL the front put blocks in back and crank the torsion bars up or switch to coil springs and put a susp lift in. if you could tell me thanx and post pictures of what you did.

#3 · (Edited)
Rancho discontinued their lift for the Dakotas. Kinda shitty cause they where the only ones who made a decent lift. If you want to go mad ass serious, do a straight axle swap (SAS). That will give you tons of lift in the front and well ... the rear is pretty straight forward and easy after that. If you want to go the less fabrication route get a Performance Accessories 3" BL, crank the front torsion bars and throw some 2" lift blocks in the rear. After that throw on some 33x12.50 rubber and your golden.

- 3" of lift from the BL
- Another 1.5" to 2" of lift from the TB crank
- depending on your current tire size, another 1" of height
- 2" of lift in the rear from the blocks

Been there, done that on my 4x4 Dakota. In my particular application I had 31x10.50R15's to start with. After the lift and bigger tires I gained 6" of lift in the front and 6" of lift in the rear at the bumpers when I was done.

#9 ·
This is a joke right dingo? You can't be serious man.

I heard about this dude on another site who did this to his 2wd Dakota to get some lift and it was a complete fucking hack job. I know it wasn't you because the dude had a R/T that he jacked up. Yeah, a 2wd R/T Dakota! I'm guessing these are pics of his truck? That ain't a 4x4 because it doesn't have torsion bars.

#14 ·
Ha ha ha .... Ok, you got me and jokes over. Pic of Rebel's 2wd lifted Dakota R/T. Fucking thing is a disaster.

The blue sway bar was a dead giveaway. ;)

yea, i kinda thought the thanks rebel 13 was gonna be the giveaway. it made the whole internet lol when he proudly posted his 2wd lift kit. he got tore to pieces. truely epic. had to save that pic.

#13 ·
That thing is a joke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.