Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I own a 99 ext cab dakota with a 5.2. I purchased a ground force lowering kit 2/3. The ride sucked and everytime I hit a hole or bump, especially on the freeway, my truck would litteraly slam through the floor board. I removed the kit and insalled lower control arms and to my surprise it raised my truck to stock height. The lower control arms 2 inch . I am very bothered by this. Has anyone lowered their truckn and absolutely love the ride and look. I am open for suggestions. Thanks guys! !violent1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I am looking at the air ride technologies product . The combonation shock/ air bag looks like a great product. Anyone outhere have this installed? !frustrated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

Hey guys I did not realize this post was still alive after two years! lol I purchased lowering lower control arms, and installled lowering springs, the ride was alittle harsh, so I went to pep boys and purchased a set of spring rubber lift perches and cut them in half and reinstalled them under my springs, beleive it or not, its like a night and day difference, my truck almost handles bumps like my factory did, but the lower control arms came with these cheap lower control arm bushings, so I went to napa and purchased both sets of lower for $10 a peice and had to cut two of them to fit in the rear lower and wow, now its like a new ride, sometimes you have to modify, trial, and test, good luck guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.