Dodge Dakota Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
thats all at your place, notice the gauge cluster in the second to last pic. Shawn's pics are at my house though, he took them the day we went to freak show.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Do you need to have a sump??
Jaz 210-614-03 - Jaz Products Street Rod Fuel Cells - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Im looking at this fuel cell
Itll fit perfect in the stock tank location.

Ill be running the stock fuel pump
With the jeep ring adapter an the jeep screw down cap

Will i still be able to use all the fuel in the tank?

Also does dakotas hold 16gallons?

Help is appreciated:D
If your keeping the tank in the stock location and stock pump, why would you buy a new tank? IMO, thats a huge waste of money and a lot of work for nothing. I know the QC is 22 or 24 gal, I have no idea what size the RC and CC tanks are though. With out a sump you will end up keeping 4-5 gal in the tank at all times or you sill stall out going into turns.

Back on topic, I recently had my tank extended by a local welder and now it holds 25 gal

·
Registered
434 Posts
i dont have a sump, and my tank works fine. for cc and rc, there are 2 different tanks, a 15 gallon, and a 22. i got a 15 gallon fuel cell, i regret that. i should of got a bigger one.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
i dont have a sump, and my tank works fine. for cc and rc, there are 2 different tanks, a 15 gallon, and a 22. i got a 15 gallon fuel cell, i regret that. i should of got a bigger one.
Stock pump or external? How low have you let the fuel get in the tank before you fill it up? Do you run foam in your tank?

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
i have not had any problems at all.
not sure how thats possible as there is nothing from stopping the fuel from moving to one side of the tank in a turn. Glad your not having any issues, but your the first person I have ever heard say that. I know a few local guys that remember riding around in mine whey i was running no sump or baffles.....fun times

·
Registered
434 Posts
i dont drive around with it really low often, but i have let it get down to 1 gallon a few times to see how my gauge is working. i have not had any isssues at all.

·
★NO REGRETS★ Indiana Rep.
132 Posts
Get in contact with metalworx fa, they do great work and will design whatever u want

41 - 56 of 56 Posts