Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never had a front end alignment on my truck since I bagged it. I have gone thru three sets of tires in the front. I bought my 4th set today and told them to do the alignment. The guys argued about how to do it since its bagged. Long story short They wouldnt do the alignment, the guy kept telling me to get specs from the website where I got my LIFT from. I told him three times it wasnt a lift they were airbags. I said the truck will lay bumper and go up about 12 inches. He was like oh thats crazy we cant do that. You guys with bagged trucks, how do I go about getting my truck aligned?? Can I use factory specs???I know if its aligned at a certain PSI you only have alignment at that PSI. Help.:eek:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've always heard that you should figure out what your optimal ride height is, and go in at that height and have them do it. Have it aligned at whatever height you normally drive.

·
223 Posts
I had mine aligned with the bags. I just set it to the my ride height and noted the pressure, had him get it as close to factory alignment as possible. When cruising I leave it at ride height. If they have a machine made in the last couple of years they just put in your trucks make/model and get the numbers in the green. They probably wont "warranty" the alignment since the suspension is adjustable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
well quit worryin about it, if ur so worried about allingment then u really dont need to alter ur suspension period

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont want it perfect, its dangerous and stupid to leave it completely out of whack. Lifted, lowered, bagged, hydraulics, it still needs to go down the road straight. Not to mention the fact im on my 4th set of tires. Thanks for the comments, everyone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah set your the psi in your bags to what you cruiz at then have them align it. you have to go some where to where they do manuel alignment though. the computerized don't work due to they are programmed to align the truck to factory specs and if you aren't cruizin at factory specs then it doesn't do it straight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts