Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MMMMK...i got all the parts ready to bag th rear of my truck...im bagging the rear first cuz i dont have alot of cash to work with...bt anyway...

I was just trying to think of different ways to do the link setup....i bought a suicide doors universal triangulated 4 link....no bolt ons here...Im wondering if anyone has tried to do a triangulated 4 link backwards...use the rear leaf spring mounts and make a crossmember in the rear...That waay i can keep the gas tank underneath just raise it and not have to worry bout the driveshaft hitting the link....ANYONE GOT ANY FEEDBACK OR PICS OF THIER SETUP...E mail me pics at [email protected] Let me know im ready to do some welding and fabricating...

·
223 Posts
I had my lift bars bolted in the rear leaf spring mounts, so does this guy. His is a straight forward 2 link with rear lift bars. Pretty basic setup, setup pretty well. He was a member here back in the day, dragkota is his screen name. I have a few pictures in my gallery.

Attachments

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
I had my lift bars bolted in the rear leaf spring mounts, so does this guy. His is a straight forward 2 link with rear lift bars. Pretty basic setup, setup pretty well. He was a member here back in the day, dragkota is his screen name. I have a few pictures in my gallery.
hey i know that truck......he is a regular at dakota usa..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I hope there are more then just those two bars. A reverse two link is one of the worst setups that you can do. A reverse 4 link is better but still not the best speaking in terms of suspension. When braking a reverse setup can auctally pull the rear weels off the ground and with enough lift will pull the driveshaft/ujoints out. Do it foward and move the tank to the back.

·
Registered
152 Posts
oh and here is a pic of mine. It's three link setup but could easily be made into a four link setup. The lowers are kind of hard to see cause they are on the outside of the frame.

·
223 Posts
It is a forward 2 link with rear lift bars. Similar to my parallel 6 link I had but without the extra 2 forward bars, and the forward bars mounted solid to the axle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do You have any finished pics? CHOPPED TOPS. Thats my style.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do you get any axel sway with that 2 link set-up? I was thinking of doing the same kind of thing with my dak, also where did you get those lift bars from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts