Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just got here. I live in N.E. Ohio. I have an 06 Dakota with 4,000 miles. I can't leave things stock, but there are not many kits for Gen3. I decided to lower mine myself. I bought what is available, shackels for the rear that give you about 1 3/4" . Then I took out the front springs and cut exactly one complete coil off. I know, everyone says don't do that. I am not saying you should, but I did and it rides the same. The next thing was the back was still to high. Since the 4x4 and 2wd sit the same the back was not low enough for me so I went to a suspension shop and had some of the arch taken out of the leafs. This is good for now but I got the bug for a little lower later. I put 20's and pirilli 245-50-20 tires that are made only for the dodge nitro. They fit under the fenders like the stock 16's did. The color of my truck is the black pearl so I got 3M red metallic pin stripe to break up the black. Last thing was tint. That's my story for now.

Attachments

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
Not many newer generation Dakotas roaming the board here yet. In fact you might be the first. Welcome to the site and great looking truck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts