Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 Quad Cab. As of right now I am rolling on Rozzi Battle 20X9 with no suspension modifications. I was hoping to get a little advice along the way from everyones previous experiences.

My first mod is going to be a drop probably using DJM Suspension 3" Arms in the front and 5" shackle kit in the rear. Should I use the bolt on C-Notch kit that they sell as well for rear support?

The next issue that I may run into is the rims. The Rozzis that I have right now have a +18 offset so they arent going to tuck at all without major modification but will I be able to drop with the 3/5 kit and maybe some 255/40/20 tires without a lot of rub?

Then later down the road I will probably bag it and some custom interior work.

Sorry about no pics I will add some in the next couple of days when I get it washed.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would not get the C-notch kit if the rims will not tuck!! You would mess up your fenders and slice your tires. Just get some good bumpstops.

If you could post a pic of your truck at an angle where I could see the offset of the rims on the truck (maybe a pic with an angle where you can see both the front and side), I will tell you if you will have clearance for the 3/5 DJM

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
Your 3/5 drop will work even though your tires ,with the rims you have, won't tuck. I'm running a 3/5 drop on my Quadcab with 20x9 rims and 255/35R20 tires. Anything over a 27" tall tire out front will rub like crazy. Size your front bumpstops correctly and you won't have any rubbing issues out front. The rear tires aren't gonna touch your fenderlips at all so don't worry. I would stongly advise getting a mild bolt on C-notch for axle clearance. I ran my truck for a year without one and then installed one. Made a big difference in the ride quality because the rear axle had a tendancy to hit the frame. Get some good drop shocks also.

I'm running 3" drop coils out front with front and rear leaf spring hangers for the rear BTW. If you want a better look at a 3/5 drop on a Quadcab click on the cardomain link in my signature.

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you recommend using the 3" Control Arms up front or just using a lower coil spring like you are doing? What would be the difference in rider quality?

If it will ever quit raining I will get some pictures!

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
The control arms will give you a better ride compared to drop coils. The only reason I went with springs up front was price and ease of installation.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Welcome to the site man, sweet QC. If you have the money go with the arms I have a set of western chassis arms and love them. I used to have the DJM's till they busted, I personally think the ones i have now are better. Also if the arms don't drop it enough you should go with springs and arms, I ran that for a long time and loved it. Oh and you also want to think about the reduced ground clearance since the lower arms hang lower than stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts