Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Photo Nazi/Post Whore
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, pictures of the markIII trucks i have seem to ALL have the stock dakota wheels. tires are the same size as stock. and there's no lowering kit on my truck, nor bed rails.

my truck came with leather seats, power rear slider, mood light ceiling, wood dash accents, wood door accents, LUND moon visor, and a LUND bug deflector, and of course, the ground effects.

the little info that i've gathered from stumbling on other people with them, they are ALL 5.2 magnums.

·
Photo Nazi/Post Whore
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i know they're "after market"

i'm curious as to how many dakota's were bought and sold like this. i have NEVER seen one until i browsed craigslist for a truck and found the one i bought. i see a few chevy markIII pick-ups

i know they were big on conversion vans, my parents actually have one. from all the research i (tried) to do on finding out more info on my truck, they're out of business. (or so i'm told)

i have a few papers in my truck that are stamped with a "markIII" logo, i'll have to check if there's an actual company name or not.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
back in the day, Mark III did a lot of conversions, and were just about the only company doing them on dakotas. generally, they started life as loaded slt's with v8s and mostly extended cabs, but i have seen some reg cabs. mostly they had woodgrain trim inside and fiberglass full length running boards outside. wheels, rails, visors were all options depending what the dealer ordered.

·
Magnum man
212 Posts
i've actually seen about 4 of them driving around milford. 3 ext cabs, and a reg cab, but the reg cab has different rims, their like a 3 spoke twisted lightning design. kinda cool looking, but they were 5 lug, so somebody must have switched hubs and either axelshafts or the whole rear end from an older dak. but i have to say, imo i quite like the mark III's. and speaking of the mark III, not to thread steal but does anybody know where u might be able to find one of those body kits? i know i can get a kit for 87-96 dak from razzi, which i like, but the mark 3's are cooler looking to me.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
the "ground effects" are actually a set of full-length fiberglass running boards. there are still a few companies making them, but nowhere as many as there used to be. once upon a time, i would install 2-3 sets every saturday. if you get new ones, they will probably run you about $1200 painted to match and installed. the company we usually use for them is Bremen Composites, who make a very good board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well, pictures of the markIII trucks i have seem to ALL have the stock dakota wheels. tires are the same size as stock. and there's no lowering kit on my truck, nor bed rails.

my truck came with leather seats, power rear slider, mood light ceiling, wood dash accents, wood door accents, LUND moon visor, and a LUND bug deflector, and of course, the ground effects.

the little info that i've gathered from stumbling on other people with them, they are ALL 5.2 magnums.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts