Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well for what im wanting out of my truck im starting to think i wont get enough lift in the front to untuck the rims from under the body drop. so im going to hydros. does anyone else have there dak on hydros? and have any tips

·
Registered
12 Posts
You shouldn't need hydros... with some slam bags setup correctly you will get plenty of lift no matter how big a rim... Unless the rim comes through the hood... that may be another story... or you have a 6" bodydrop or something crazy...

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i can get alot of lift yes i jsut like the idea that i can get alot more lift for better turning abuility since thi will be my shop truck that i am drving daily summer wise and using to tow my show car to the shows.

what i have researched so far is that 22s with decent rubber will jsut fit under teh hood ( barly) and if im layin frame body droped i will need ALOT of lift.
plus there nothign like doing som 3wheeling

·
Registered
152 Posts
Whichever way you go its going to be your control arms that limit you. They will hit the frame before you get the extra lift you could get with juice. I maxed the control arms with re7s in the front. On a side note I will be juiced here soon.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Isn't the ride with hydro's really bad though? I thought the ride was really rough with them. I wouldnt want to have that as a daily, that's why I got bags since they have a softer ride.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn't the ride with hydro's really bad though? I thought the ride was really rough with them. I wouldnt want to have that as a daily, that's why I got bags since they have a softer ride.
if you set the hydrolic system up right With the right coil, and accumulators its the same as bags. Some will say better.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
if you set the hydrolic system up right With the right coil, and accumulators its the same as bags. Some will say better.
Really? I have never heard that before. I have only heard that the ride sucks. Hmm....I wish i would have known that before, that was the main reason I went with bags.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i thought the same too before but doing the research on it and now building a few set ups with friends of mine i have learned other wise

·
Registered
31 Posts
id take a rough ride now instead of the body roll i have with my bags.im bout to fab new sway bars back in it lol. id do juice as well now knowin wut i do. with the body drop i always wanna ride as low as i can and with bags its tough cause a tiny dip in the road and the bags are compressing and expanding with minimal psi in them. sux might change it to juice next winter!

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
id take a rough ride now instead of the body roll i have with my bags.im bout to fab new sway bars back in it lol. id do juice as well now knowin wut i do. with the body drop i always wanna ride as low as i can and with bags its tough cause a tiny dip in the road and the bags are compressing and expanding with minimal psi in them. sux might change it to juice next winter!
do you have shocks?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damn out of all the installs i have done never had any trouble with body roll.
but i have kept the sway bars and shocks, plus its illigal to run no shocks its a pretty 360$ if you get cuaght.

·
Registered
31 Posts
well havent drove it at all since i shocked it.... im sure it will help but im still think off puttin the sways in.... see this dakota was set up to hop when first torn apart.... so everything went shocks sways everything now i need it all back on. no biggie but just more work lol

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Really? I have never heard that before. I have only heard that the ride sucks. Hmm....I wish i would have known that before, that was the main reason I went with bags.
With the proper setup, juice will ride just as nice as bags and possibly better. The only downside is it can get pretty messy with all that oil.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
With the proper setup, juice will ride just as nice as bags and possibly better. The only downside is it can get pretty messy with all that oil.
hahaha might be a lil messy but atleast you cn see where the leak is coming from!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts