Dodge Dakota Forums banner

Bad hopping?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  d9a3k 
#1 ·
I have a bad hopping in my truck at all speeds the faster i go the worse it gets, its been lowered 2/4 with spindles front a blocks rear, the wheels have been balanced and rotated the rear end has been measured and remeasured its perfect, the rotors turned, the drive shaft has just been balanced. i have the factor shocks on it i just cant think of anything else that would cause it,, its been in the front end shop 2 times now and they cant find anything... anyone else had this problem? im plum out of ideas. its also had a new rack put on,., the wheels are 18s,, i just cant figure it out,, okay ill shut up please help lol

#2 ·
Replace the bushings and balljoints would be my sugggestions. What kind of hopping? I assume if you are on a smooth rode there is no hopping? How old are your shocks? Where they cheap shocks?

#3 ·
There again the ball joints are new,, i had over 2 grand put into the front end, so its brand new, this only started after the lowering,, its its hopping so bad my dash is moving up and down more than my system makes it move, the shocks are what came with the truck in 93 suprisingly they are good for the stock hight however they are maxed with the truck lowerd it dont matter what road it is, they just built a new 2 lane and i made a trip to it just to see if it was the other roads, again hopping, i aslo checked for flat spots on my tires and nothing,, again this is all happend after i got it lowered?

#4 ·
If your shocks are over 13 years old, I think it is more than time for a new set of shocks. Those factory shocks aren't doing anything right now. You also have to understand that the ride is going to be stiffer than stock since you lowered it. But replacing the shocks will help out.

#5 ·
yeah, i guess i cant argue with the shocks being shot, ill get a set made for lowerd trucks and see what that does. admin your a great help thank you for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.