Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yea i'm about to bag my r/t. going to miss my 5/6 drop...lol

but i got a question, do i have to cut out my front fenderwells to lay low enough to drag something. i have 18x7s with 225/40/18s (25" diameter)

the wya my truck is getting setup,i am useing my SD.com bolt in notch i did last month, and just going to throw on a SD behind and under bag setup in the rear and do a parallel 4 link. everything should be under the bed and no cuts made. dont think i have to move the gas tank. i'll be happy if i can get the front to drag a crossmember or have something "rigged" up to drag on the front.i just dont want to eat up my tires in the process lol....

·
Registered
528 Posts
well as far as the rear setup parallel 4 link wurks good but its the panhard bar that will hit the bottom of ur bed depending on the notch u got if its the step notch then it will push up on ur bed floor it did with me anyway when i first did that but know have watts link installed and getting ready to start cutting body and then reweld it and take cab off get painted and well u get the idea

·
Registered
528 Posts
yeah if it u 4 link it it comes with one most of the time it keeps your rearend from moving all over the place on the sideways motion. but with a panhard bar it will still move just not as much without 1 ill try and explain ok if u jacked ur truck up right now with the leaf springs attached with the wheels off the ground try to move ur rearend from side to side just dont knock it off the stands or jack. now if u took off the back part of the leaf spring on both sides u can move it pretty easy cause u only have one main point up front which is where most 4 link bars mount. but if u get the watts link like a few on here have which i have one now just havent drove it yet and prolly wont for a few months she is going threw her mid life change. but anyhoot i dunno which 4 link setup ur buying (bolt on, weld on) whichever one it is u will have to weld in the panhard bar word of advice.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
kotaon18s said:
yeah i got mine from there too but they have weld on, and bolt on types and they are a great place to get stuff from
Ok....about the whole panhard bar thing (I have a similar question). what if i have a 6 link (like this one) It has two points of connection one in the front, like the parallel 4 link, and another in the rear. would i need one then?

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
slow_but_low said:
now do i have to cut out my front fenderwells, or can i get away with not cutting them out?
well i just bagged my front end today, and i will need to cut mine out, cause i cant even scrape Y pipe. i have 235/60 on my stock 16" rims up front. And i know with my setup, i can easily go another 2- 3" if i had a rim that tucked and no fender well.

·
223 Posts
djwolf37 said:
Ok....about the whole panhard bar thing (I have a similar question). what if i have a 6 link (like this one) It has two points of connection one in the front, like the parallel 4 link, and another in the rear. would i need one then?
That is what makes it a "6 link". You have the parallel 4 link that holds the axle and your bag bars are the 5th and 6th links.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
slow_but_low said:
post some pics on dakota-durango, djwolf
Why on dakota-durango, why not here? We have a gallery that is free to upload pics, why not use it here.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
justiz00 said:
That is what makes it a "6 link". You have the parallel 4 link that holds the axle and your bag bars are the 5th and 6th links.
i know that's what makes it a 6-link, but will i need a panhard bar with a 6-link

i will also post some pics on this site when i take some more:D

·
223 Posts
djwolf37 said:
well it looks like i will be buying my watts link sooner than i thought
I have heard the watts link will allow increased body roll if you are running your rear bags off of one valve, similar to a shared system on the front of a vehicle without a swaybar.

j

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
justiz00 said:
I have heard the watts link will allow increased body roll if you are running your rear bags off of one valve, similar to a shared system on the front of a vehicle without a swaybar.
j
Really????? well i will be running a 8 valve system, so i will have 2 valves per coroner, so this wouldnt affect me....would it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the weekend of the 22nd i should be getting my truck bagged and laid out,draggin. the guy doing my setup for me is going to cut out the fenderwells and relocate everything....

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
slow_but_low said:
the weekend of the 22nd i should be getting my truck bagged and laid out,draggin. the guy doing my setup for me is going to cut out the fenderwells and relocate everything....
You lucky mofo...i wish i would be able to have mine all the way done by then:mad:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts