Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone had ran bags over the axle with drop leaf springs. how low will it go and how safe is it. i know that the ride will be crappy , but i'm broke and i'm tried of people in my town pulling up and dumping !finger

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well 1st off, its not over drop leafs. Its over the main leaf. You are ridding one 1 leaf spring where if you put bags to dump and lift it will twist it in ways it was NEVER designed for. How long will it go depends..... i know a guy whos on them for the last like 5 years. I have alost talked to guys whos broke after 2 months. How safe is it. How safe is it standing in the middle of a freeway with cars going by you at 80 mph???? Yea, id say its about that safe..... Im not tryin to discourage you or anything bro, but its honestly not safe at all and as i see it, plain stupid to be bagged over mono leaf. If i were you, i would save up the few extra hundred and get a 4 link. If your THAT impatient, build a 2 link even. I think 2 links are almost as stupid as mono leaf but its ALOT safer. My advise is to wait till you can put a 4 link on it, then bag it. You will be MUCH MUCH happier

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the drop leafs are three inch and three leafs in them. i meant over the axle with leaf springs. !headbang

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll be honest with you I had a setup similair to yours. Mine was factory springs with 4 inch hanger drop, 3 inch blocks. and bags over the axle. I drove around for six months like that. You wont be satisfied with that drop exepecially if that's all you get is just the springs. Bags over the axle will ride like poop! Most likely end up regretting spending all that much money to set it up that way. You might get a little better of a ride due to the fact your not using blocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts