Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best car audio speakers on the market right now? What about subs and amps?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don't know if you have ever heard Alphasonik before, but their 800 series woofers kick. I mean they sound better than JLs. But Memphis also has some good speakers.
Amps I have to say Fosgate has just about the best amps money can buy, but for price go with Sony amps.

Bk

·
Smurf
263 Posts
i have to go with memphis on this one their mojo subs with mclass mids and tweeters on memphis belle amps produced the most explosive and amazing sound i have ever heard out of a vehicle

·
which way to Shangri La?
506 Posts
i'm running resonant engineering RE comps in modded q-logic kick panels. the tweet is a little harsh so it sounds great to me from down there. mtx isn't the best subs and amps but it what i use right now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
damn that's a tough question.... I can tell you what companies to stay away from though.

SONY
PYLE
LANZAR (the Opti-Series is still good though)
LEGACY
SOUNDSTORM
XBLODE
DHD (some of them are crap)
CRUNCH
PYRAMID

·
Registered
4 Posts
if you are looking for a sub that hits hard (i'm talking holy shit hard) and has good quality bass, i would reccommend a hyphonics goliath sub. i thinking about getting two 12, b/c 15 would be to much for my truck. amps on the other hand, no one out there has what you would call a kick ass amp, they are all about the same some are better than others, but not by much. it's really all about how they are hooked up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe he's talkin about what ohm you have it wired at. I'm runnin a Kenwood deck, Kicker s10l7 square (10") with a Kenwood monoblock x811d amp and it pounds in my reg. cab (custom center console) All boston door speakers and kenwood tweeters in the doors. Yet, if i were to do it over i would probably run an Alpine deck with an Xtant amp and keep my kicker square.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK, I'm putting this debate to rest (sound quality anyways) after what I did this weekend. Finally installed my JL Audio ZR components in the doors, and let me say HOLY CRAP! these things blew me away. I know, for 800 bones they should, but the only speaker system that even comes close in sound quality, smoothness, clarity, everything, cost about 5 grand, and being that they are for the home, won't fit my doors. let you know more about the sub system later ( have to build the sillyy thing first)

The Installer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts