Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys n gals how's everything going. I've been super busy lately, but I've been gathering my thoughts and have some really great news for all of you.

I am working with an aftermarket producer called Bay Speed. They make aftermarket body parts and body kits, and most of their stuff is one-off. They make them in fiberglass (the thin, very flexible yet strong kind)(A+++ quality) and they now specialize in carbon fiber (which is also GREAT quality).

Remember my custom hood? Well they wanted it and they have it right now. They are going to make a mold for the hood and produce one in carbon fiber for me. I'm very excited about this, and we are currently working together on creating more carbon fiber or fiberglass custom parts for our trucks!

I've discussed with him what the aftermarket has to offer for us, and what else we want and threw him some ideas. With your help, we could get more completely new products for ours trucks! Again, they could be in fiberglass or carbon fiber, whatever you like.

Currently, we're working on making a mold for my hood and a custom front bumper both in carbon fiber. We are also contemplating full carbon fiber fenders...yea that's right...FENDERS! and even complete doors! Even make a copy of my checkmate tonneau cover in carbon fiber. Of course, I would LOVE to get this all done, but again, it will only continue with the demand for these new products.

Now, this is where you guys come in. I need more parts to give him. As I mentioned, my custom hood and custom front bumper design are in currently and set to ship June 15th. Right now we want to concentrate on the "big" parts of our trucks. We need at least a tailgate to add to this or anything else you'd like to add! The whole process should be 4-5 months and most likely 3 months once the mold is completed and the first products are made. Also, their quality is as good as Seibon. All of their molds/products are made from OEM originals and are guaranteed to fit 100%. If it doesn't you may send it back or they replace it. Their prices CANNOT be beat for top notch quality.

So now, who wants what made? My hood is going to be done for sure, if anyone wants to buy a carbon fiber or fiberglass version please email me at [email protected]. If you want to help out and get some parts made, let me know and post! Here is a list of what we would like to get made...

-Hood
-Tailgate
-Fenders
-Doors
-Front bumper
-Roll pans/bumpers
-Bed cover
-Spoilers
-Mirror housings

Let this ignite into a new performance & cosmetic market! Thank you for your time!

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
carbon fiber grill shell, to go with the hood. preferrably the one like mine.... lol
Working on that!

We have to concentrate on one hood right now. If we all come together we can decide on one new style hood that we all have been looking for.

The Viper naca duct and a little cowl seem to be the largest feedback right now.

Right now, we need a tailgate, 01'-04' R/T front bumper beam (I want them to make a lightweight CF version for our trucks), grill shell, some RTmods skirts and possible mirror housings before June 15th. Also, I'm going to form a group buy for those parts this week, so if you are interested you need to let me know here in this thread. If I get enough feedback, group buy it is!

Attachments

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes!! perhaps a hood cut to fit a 440 air box through the hood for a body drop, lol (that would be a one off):D

what about simple stuff like dash cover or mirrors?
The simple stuff will come in time. Right now I'm trying to gather interest for Gen1/2/3 larger body components. You're welcome to get the Gen1/2 guys altogether and make contribution to get things made.

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
You want a million dollar idea from the perspective of the people on this site? You might have some real interest in it too considering a lot of guys here are on bags or lowered. Think outside the box for a minute.

Flared or widened front fenders and flared box sides that would enable a guy to tuck rims without having to go to narrowed control arms or shortening their rear axle!

FUCK!! I'd be all over something like that.

·
CDOM April 2009
2,743 Posts
You want a million dollar idea from the perspective of the people on this site? You might have some real interest in it too considering a lot of guys here are on bags or lowered. Think outside the box for a minute.

Flared or widened front fenders and flared box sides that would enable a guy to tuck rims without having to go to narrowed control arms or shortening their rear axle!

they make those already...fiberglassunlimited or something like that. $1100 for box sides and front fenders. only difference is that they are more for off road

·
Bal-LaL-LoP!!!
3,452 Posts
whatever we decide, I hope we keep it clean looking. a simple cowl or just a stock looking style is cool with me. maybe even a cervinis style..... as long as the parts don't look the truck looked riced out. just my 2-cents :D

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Yea we are considering that, but that will have to wait for the near future. June 13th is the deadline for this, then after June 13th we can create a second.

whatever we decide, I hope we keep it clean looking. a simple cowl or just a stock looking style is cool with me. maybe even a cervinis style..... as long as the parts don't look the truck looked riced out. just my 2-cents :D
Agreed!

Listen guys. The official group buy has started. Check out this link! This is for Gen3s only!

Group Buy -> Carbon Fiber & Fiberglass Products - First Batch Ends June 13th - Dakota R/T Club Forum

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
I've got an extra Gen I/II tailgate, not sure if it will help out or not, but honestly speaking, how do we go about supplying the parts (who pays shipping) and when will we get the parts back? Also if we supply parts, do we get a discount on the new product or is it just a thanks for helping out deal. All of this is important when you don't have a whole lot to spend on these things.

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've got an extra Gen I/II tailgate, not sure if it will help out or not, but honestly speaking, how do we go about supplying the parts (who pays shipping) and when will we get the parts back? Also if we supply parts, do we get a discount on the new product or is it just a thanks for helping out deal. All of this is important when you don't have a whole lot to spend on these things.
If you read the DakotaRT thread most of the questions would've been answered lol.

You gotta get the parts to me (your in MD, I'm picking up parts from guys in VA and MD) so the next time I go down there we could meet up and you give them to me. The people who give donors are discounted, and the donor parts will be scratched somewhere at most when they make the molds. The big stuff takes 4-5 months (most likely 3, but just in case) to make and send back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.