Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site, and on the verge of gettin a dak. I'm lookin for background information first, I'm not an airbag guy mostly because I am not a fan of extra weight. Although dont get me wrong, draggin' looks awesome and is a good showoff move:cool: . Anyways I've looked in truckin mags and around the net does anybody on here have a drop greater than 3/4 I think the biggest I've seen is 4/6. I just want to see how low that is, and if I need to find a way to get lower.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sorry, I also am looking at the 97-04 Generation preferably an R/T or at least one with a V8. Reg Cab or Extended cab, not a quad cab though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
dude every guy who owns a dakota knows its the hardest truck to get low i had a static drop on mine and it rode like shit i still have some of the pieces i did a rear hanger kit 1" blocks and 4 degree shim in back and up front 2" drop springs that i cut another 2" off looked cool as hell but i have to do new rims and tiny ass tires

good luck if you need any parts let me know everything i have is belltech

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So is a 4/6 drop too much? is it better to buy a kit (cheaper?) or is it better to buy individual parts to get the drop I want, quality I want and price I want? Yeah I did realize that these trucks are more difficult than the average s10 but thats why I love them!

PhntmRT: How low is your truck off of the ground now? What drop do you have now? did u not like the 3/6 drop?

·
Registered
55 Posts
and a word of advise the 4/6 will make your truck sit up higherin the front unless you have a v8 cause the weight difference thats the only reason i cut my springs

·
Registered
68 Posts
So is a 4/6 drop too much? is it better to buy a kit (cheaper?) or is it better to buy individual parts to get the drop I want, quality I want and price I want? Yeah I did realize that these trucks are more difficult than the average s10 but thats why I love them!

PhntmRT: How low is your truck off of the ground now? What drop do you have now? did u not like the 3/6 drop?
I now have a 3/4.5 drop (so 4/5.5 for a regular Dak). I didnt like the caltracs being less than 3 inches off the floor... as I could barely get out of my driveway with them before. As much as I liked the 3/6... without any adjustability, I couldnt ruin my caltracs like that. It's low as fuck now, but I'm adding 1" blocks in the rear I think.

·
Registered
51 Posts

back over the summer:
3" DJM coils
2" DJM arms
5" DJM hanger/shackle kit
1" rear stock r/t drop

so thats like a 5/6 and the back is notched

also had 1" blocks for it, but i never put them on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome, thanks for the pics guys. That helps me out alot, because that is low enough for me (since i live in AB Canada) so the roads are a bit bumpy etc. I definetly like how low those two trucks sit. But I still got the question, is it better to look for a kit? or better to buy different parts individually? and make my own setup.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i lowered mine about 6 or 7 inches in the back by putting 3 inch blockss on the back and taking the 2 middle leafs out and i cut a set of 3.9 springs all that w/ 5 series tires on 15's my hanger sits about 1/2 inch off the ground... im at school right now so as soon as i get home and get done working on my truck ill put some pictures of it up

·
mini trucker for life
977 Posts
your better off buyin a kit, i pieced mine out and it just gave me more of a headache cuz of buyin everything slowly and seperately. go with djm or western chassis. the 4/6 from either company is gonna set the dak down low as shit.
i have on mine right now 3in djm arms, stock coils, 4in blocks and 2in hangers. if you look at the CDOM post youll see the picture of my truck when i had the cut coils on it

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
How low you can go depends a lot on what you plan on running for tires. With 20's you can't go as low simply because your limited as to how low a profile tire you can bolt up. 17's or 18's can use a lower profile tire and get you lower. Me personally ... gotta have the 20's. Where you at in Alberta??

My old 3/5 drop pic before going to bags

·
Bal-LaL-LoP!!!
3,452 Posts
I know 00dakota has like a5" or sumthin drop on it. He's the lowest static on a dakota I've ever seen, less than an inch of ground clearance....

·
Registered
976 Posts
where in alberta are you from bro?
im from red deer!
i could probably sell you some drop stuff, but i would need your stock stuff lol

·
Registered
976 Posts
and if you want i am selling 1 piece blacked headlights, rt rims, and 20'' chrome rims

·
Registered
976 Posts
im pretty sure we all knew that, we were just having fun:trink13:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts