Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stumped on what color i should paint my truck. It's a daily driver so i thought white but i thought black to give it that clean look with everything shaved.

I love them both but the black shows everything unlike the white and the white doesn't do the body work justice unlike the black!!:mad:

Any suggestions, examples, ideas etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Black IMO

·
"..to punish and enslave"
391 Posts
if those are the options then Black. IMO, go with a dark color to show the bodywork but still have some color.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See I'm not a professional and all body work and paint will be done by me, so
Any imperfections are going to stick put like a sore thumb.
I want black too but I'm just worried of whats going to show up,
Keep in mind I'm driving it in winter(daily driver) and it's going to be parked at a highschool 5 days a week. Any changes in opinion haha?

I guess what I'm asking is that if black is really thaaat bad

·
'98 dak R/T
866 Posts
yes it is really that bad, i wash my truck almost everyday just to kep the dust down............and its not even road worthy! (sits in the garage)
go with white, because any inperfections such as bad or maybe just a little off body work will show like night and day.

white

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
my truck is black, and trust me, it shows every little ding. right now it needs a paint job, and will probably go back black just because it will be too much of a pain to change. you will get dings in the school lot. for a ride that's babied black might be okay, but i probably wouldn't choose it for a daily again.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i hear you guys and that's why i want the white, it's just that the white also takes away from the effort put into shaving it and straightening the panels ya'know? ... hmm i'm gonna have to think about it but i think i have with white.

Any colors that hide all the little stuff? i'd consider red

·
'98 dak R/T
866 Posts
just curious, why white or black?
a nice flame red would look cool, or amberfire would be sick too

·
Registered
815 Posts
Amberfire or Red!

It don't matter if its black or white !!! ladaadeee daaa daaa.... LOL

But in all serious ness .. White... Pearl white would be nice the OEM Caddy color but for a first paint job that might be a bit much...

Isis white from Audi is a straight color... and nice and sharp. Looks good on my A5 Sline anyways...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just love the white on black or black on white look(black w/ chrome rims or white w: black rims). My 3rd option was red
,but will it show a lot as well?

Thanks a lot guys

·
391 Posts
Ah......go big. My current favorite color is the Synergy Green that they are using on the Camaros right now.....that'll grab their eye.

·
'98 dak R/T
866 Posts
gross, kid down the road painted his 87 rustang 5 o that colour....hurts to look at...
maybe snakeskin green off the viper ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm not a fan of the crazy colors ( Flur. greens, oranges.. etc.) unless it's a muscle car. definatley white black or red.

ahaha i hate that green on the camaro, it's too much. Kinda gawdy IMO

will the red show little stuff just like the black though?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I just love the white on black or black on white look(black w/ chrome rims or white w: black rims). My 3rd option was red
,but will it show a lot as well?

Thanks a lot guys

The thing is if the bodywork isn't bang on... any color will show it, just some more then others. White looks real clean and bright in the sunlight, and any problems in the body will show easliy. Black shows everything 24/7 no matter what. I'll never own a black vehicle unless its getting painted right away, because the engine bay can stay black. Flouresent colors will show, as genereally they tend to have pearl or flake in them, which will reflect differently in the light.

Bodywork isn't a 'trial and error' process IMO... If its done right, its done right, if its not... no matter what you'll see it, and even if no one else does, it will bug you knowing its there. People will see your truck and go.. nice truck yada yada whatever... and in your head ur going... fuk I hope they don't see that spot.... I wish I did that propertly the first time uggghhh!!

Also, depending on what your doing it will cost you MORE having the bodyshop do it next time to fix any previous mistakes, using wrong materials etc...... So becareful.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright, I'm taking my time but this is my first project, and vehicle for that matter so I think I'm just gonna go for the white. I really appreciate the input guys. I love the black but it's too risky for a first time daily driver that's gonna be parked at a high school.

Next time.

·
391 Posts
Alright, I'm taking my time but this is my first project, and vehicle for that matter so I think I'm just gonna go for the white. I really appreciate the input guys. I love the black but it's too risky for a first time daily driver that's gonna be parked at a high school.

Next time.
Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
i personally like the black.. but good luck either way you go man..post pics or nothing happened :) i love the black on black on 98r/ts truck:)

·
'98 dak R/T
866 Posts
i personally like the black.. but good luck either way you go man..post pics or nothing happened :) i love the black on black on 98r/ts truck:)
Hey, thanks alot man!
if you were to see it in person UP CLOSE, you would notice all of the touch ups i've done that look less than desirable:wow:
thanks for the compliment:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts