Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something that I have been meaning to do for a while. I have the frame built, and rear suspension put on, still waiting on front controll arms, then to build body mounts and raise tranny hump and make room for driveshaft. Sorry for the crappy pics, my good camera died.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a few more to show. Got the body mounted, trying to make it for Slammin and Jammin the 25th.

·
Registered
120 Posts
nice pics...how long ago did you do your cut through? Any idea where to find molding to connect it to the bed? I want to cut mine but don't know how to seal it once it's cut?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice pics...how long ago did you do your cut through? Any idea where to find molding to connect it to the bed? I want to cut mine but don't know how to seal it once it's cut?
I did that cut through about 5 years ago, was one of the very first big things I ever did to the truck. I use rubber accordian boot that is made to seal between a camper shell and back window, you can get it a most any camper/rv place, here is is about $5 per foot.

·
Registered
464 Posts
any pics of the tranny hump? i'm curious to see how you did it...and what are the specs of your truck and wheels engine etc etc? lol....lookin good

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any pics of the tranny hump? i'm curious to see how you did it...and what are the specs of your truck and wheels engine etc etc? lol....lookin good
i can get some more pics of the tranny hump, as for the specs, wheels are 20x8.5 boss 307's, only got the 3.9 V6, but just purchased a 5.2L that I am about to build, not sure what all you are wanting to know, lays just to the pinch, used 2x3x1/4 tubing for frame, 1 3/4"x1/4" wall DOM tubing for xmembers and 3-link.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lookin good! What is the wheel base mesurments? It looks from the pics to have the rear axle shuved forward.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Could you get some more pics of the parts of the cab floor you had to raise? I will be redoing mine soon, and wanted to get a rough idea on some of the things that will need to be done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts