Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to the site and i have a 92 dakota that this past weekend i decided to try replace the body mounts on because the drivers side of the cab had dropped about an inch. I had ordered the mount kit months ago and and when i started the job i noticed that the cupped washers on the bottom of the mounts were barely there. Also the cups that hold the top of the mount are made to go through the center of the top and bottom mount and come in contact with the washer on the bottom side of the mount. I assumed the reason for this was so the mounts could not be overtightened. Well the problem i'm having is that only 2 out of the 6 mounts on my truck still have that metal stud on the top cup intact that goes through the center of both mounts. I tightened these mounts down pretty good but i didnt go crazy because i dont want to smash the new mounts. Now when i drive it is a very rough and shaky ride and i believe that it is due to those metal studs in the mount that had rusted off. What i really need to know is where the hell do i find those. I'd really like a whole new hardware kit or the mounts but i have no clue where to find them. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
nobody makes the washers for these bodies. check a dealer or rob em off a junkyard truck and thats it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts