Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bodydropped their dak with a v8 and kept the stock hood? What did you do? Has anyone lowered their motor or sectioned their oilpan? Mines bodydropped but the hood is bent so when I replace it it's not going to fit I'm pretty sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to cut a hole in the hood.

·
Registered
270 Posts
even with the v6 most are running something other than a factory hood, and they cut a hole in the inner layer, that is what I am doing. Sorry not much help.

·
Registered
985 Posts
i knwo the 4.7 can be done with the stock hood you might need to do a few minor changes to make it fit but nothing drastic. im in the figureing out stages of my BD plning on where to cut and figure everything out.

i have seen a few pics of the 4.7 done before but not sure about the 5.9

how close is the engine to the ground is there room for an engine drop??

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the 5.2 and the oil pan already drags the ground so it would need to be sectioned some to drop the motor. That was my first thought but wanted to see what others have done. Most of my underhood support is gone already and the back part trimmed for the air cleaner. Just trying to see if there are any other options out there. Thanks for the help so far guys.

·
Registered
464 Posts
4.7 will fit...i'm running a cervinis hood but the TB barely clears (4" sf b/d).....i had to fab up a new intake.

·
Registered
55 Posts
try and get your intake manifold milled down a little , new filter setup , it might get you enough clearance just a thought ...... mine is z'd and hits the hood on a 3.9

·
Registered
55 Posts
you might be able to do it like an inch but im not sure never really ran into that problem yet but look at stuff in the way and see what you can cut off instead of moving your whole motor that sounds like a big job and your oil pan just get a new one thats a little more shallow im sure thay make one for that motor

·
Registered
464 Posts
yeah i had to z mine too...but i honestly don't like the idea of Z'ing the frame.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm SFBD'd you still have to do it. that k member hangs down too low.

·
Registered
464 Posts
as in.....?

·
Registered
464 Posts
2x3x1/4" i think i know what a SFBD is.....i've already done it.....its stronger than stock trust me.

·
Registered
985 Posts
i wasnt meaning that you dint know what it was i was.

any how i was thinkin why couldnt i use the tubing up to where the frame needed to be Zed ??? wouldnt that solve 2 problems in one??

·
Registered
464 Posts
sorry i was drunk last night....i honestly don't remember though.

·
Registered
985 Posts
under the hood what all neede to be relocated or done to make room for the rims?? ( talkign bout the 4.7 ) what problem has everyone run into??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts