Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
mini trucker for life
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i bought my truck with a bench seat and i want buckets. but i need bucket seats with a seat belt connector. i want racing buckets but then only come set up for a 4-point harness and im not gonna run that. does anyone know where i can get some cheap buckets that have seat belt connectors?

·
mini trucker for life
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bid ended so i couldnt view the pic, but thanks for the input. im gonna keep checking around couase i really need to get some buckets.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Do you have the consol in the middle that flips up,down and opens? if so you can cut out that middle peace....

·
mini trucker for life
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bench seat, its one solid bench, the whole things folds forward and moves back. no seperate parts to the seat.

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
245 Posts
The seat belt latches are connected to the stock seat rails. When you bolt up any aftermarket seats to the stock rails, you will maintain the factory seat belts just fine.

·
mini trucker for life
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but my bench seat has the latches attached to the bench not the floor. so when i take out the bench everything comes with it. lol, so i would have to weld the latches to the floor.

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
245 Posts
but my bench seat has the latches attached to the bench not the floor. so when i take out the bench everything comes with it. lol, so i would have to weld the latches to the floor.
The "bench" seats are nothing more than 2 buckets and a center jumpseat bolted between the two. If you buy 2 new bucket seats then simply remove the front bench as a whole and once you flip it over you'll see that you can remove the stock seat rails from each seat, bolt those to your new bucket seats and you'll maintain your seat belts just fine.

That picture above is my truck with aftermarket seats sitting on the stock seat rails and I too had a front bench seat.

·
mini trucker for life
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea, i know which bench you are talking about 00RedRT. you had the one that had a center bench console, mine has nothing but straight bench, lol. it literally is one piece.

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
245 Posts
yea, i know which bench you are talking about 00RedRT. you had the one that had a center bench console, mine has nothing but straight bench, lol. it literally is one piece.
Oh, you're screwed then.....J/K.

Nah, I'm betting you can find some 98-99 seat rails on eBay if you're patient enough. Or may have to buy some new if you really want to move to buckets quickly.

·
mini trucker for life
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
screwed huh? hahaha im really trying to get those buckets as fast as i can so ill prolly just suck it up and buy some dakota buckets that come with rails. its prolly gonna run me around 4oo total.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts