Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting next month im making myself a new center console.Here a very rough(cant draw good) drawing of what im shooting for:

The arrows were little side notes to self i blotted them out as they dont need to be here.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I know 00RedRT is looking into his own custom AV audio system, get with him, he has about a million pics of everything, im sure he has some pics of center consoles that would give you ideas of how they look once done

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea il have to get on that.Iv been scoring forums of all types tryin to get info on glassing center counsoles and i think i found most secerts to it.So im hoping for it to go along easily.Il be sure to post tons of pics and info about it as i go along.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm gonna start making a custom center console also, mainly MDF with some nice glassin. I'm also planin on makeing a custom dash and sub box, and I'm gonna tie all 3 of em together to make one seemless look. I can see it in my head but im a horrible drawer or else id post up a pic of what i want it to look like. I can see it lookin sick tho.

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
00, try termpro.com. Audio forum, fabrication, topic is fiberglass anyone. There is a TON of info on fiberglassing. The thread starts on how to do a center console. Think youll like it.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanxs nycdak il have to look at that as well.And good luck tazz with your setup.Im eventually gonna make a hole back seat entertainment area(lots of speakers and subs)in the future that will tie in with the center console.Deffinatly cant even try to make a drawin of that.lol

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some pics of the stuff im puting in the counsole:

center channel speaker(this is a maybe,still not sure about it)

TV and main reason for center console

My switches
Also i might add some guages or something.Also there will be a fuse block and a optima batery mounted in the counsole.

·
145.7db with one 12" sub
1,258 Posts
I have a 98 dakota single cab. I just made me a custom center console/subbox for my 10" type r. I made it all out of mdf, and I am in the process of doing some fiberglass work to french in some drink holders and give it some curves. I will post pictures when I finish. (hopefully done my wednesday) it looks kinda like this

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

before the fiberglassing ofcourse

·
145.7db with one 12" sub
1,258 Posts
This is/was my first time to deal with fiberglass, so far I am happy with how it is turning out. I didn't realize how much sanding it is taking me. but here are pictures of what it looks like before I sand it.

The two humps above where the speaker goes are drink holders, that is also the front. Hopefully I can get a coat of paint on it tomorrow, and put it in with my reupholstreyed seats and headliner. I'll put more pictures up when I finish.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you dont have an electric sander youll want to get one.It looks good so far, good luck with the rest.I am hopefully starting mine in less then 2 weeks.Dam w2's still havent come in.wtf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts