Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys just got my bag kit today so I am sizing up the project...and I am a littel afraid. The front doesn't look too bad.
Looking at the rear makes me want to return the kit. Has anyone installed one of these? is it as bad as it looks, looks like I will need to relocate driverside shock both the exhaust pipes, at the very least.
Any advise is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I say return it because alot of their parts are junk and not safe anyways....Read up a little on the company and see what i mean.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FMKustoms said:
I say return it because alot of their parts are junk and not safe anyways....Read up a little on the company and see what i mean.
Well i am a shoot first and ask question later kind of guy..so I own the kit. Exactly what about it is junk?

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
timmydatoolaman said:
Well i am a shoot first and ask question later kind of guy..so I own the kit. Exactly what about it is junk?
Well first off most (if not ALL) there parts are trash. There very bad quality, and break very easy. They are made cheaply (usually bad design), and they tend to use bad materials. Also i just wouldnt feel safe driving around with there parts on my dak....especially not suspension wise.

·
223 Posts
I bought their front Air kit with arms and cups and I had to shorten the top cup 2" just so it would lay cross member on 25" tires. I had to drill out my rear control arm mounts to 9/16" because the stock bolt was too small. Their bumpstop mounts would puncture the bag if I hadnt cut them off. Total waste of money. I was better on stock. You have to cut out the bump stop mount in the front, and around the front edge of the rear control arm mounts (this allows it to have enough upper travel to lay. I had to have my crossover pipe on the exhaust cut out, D shaped and raised so I wouldnt have the weight of the truck on my aluminum heads (4.7). Depending on what rear kit you have good luck to you.

j

1 - 6 of 6 Posts