Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried any of this so called chips off of ebay...not the plain restor but the ones that adjust?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Performance module

I have a jet performance module 4 sale. It's a stage 2 for a 3.9 liter v6 brand new in the box. Truck was recently totaled before ever installing it. $200.00+shipping or best offer.

·
Registered
442 Posts
all those are garbage....i had a stage 2 and showed like 3 hp/12ft lbs on a dyno...not worth it for $200+

i dont know anything about superchips or them, so I wont comment on them...lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
has anyone tried any of this so called chips off of ebay...not the plain restor but the ones that adjust?
Get a custom flash on your ecu and forget about those "chips" on ebay. Those are pretty much junk! Or your best alternative if you decide to go wild with your engine is to go get a standalone like FAST or DFI.

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
You mean the adjustable resistance resistors. LOL

Save your money. It's the same scam that cuts the voltage to your IAT sensor fooling the engine into thinking it's getting a colder charge of air than it actually is. Except this one is adjustable in that you can dial-up the resistance.

Best thing to do is relocate your IAT sensor into the air box or CAI tube if you have one. Get it off the intake manifold where the heat from the engine gives it a distorted reading and not a true reading of the actual incoming air.

·
Registered
867 Posts
You mean the adjustable resistance resistors. LOL

Save your money. It's the same scam that cuts the voltage to your IAT sensor fooling the engine into thinking it's getting a colder charge of air than it actually is. Except this one is adjustable in that you can dial-up the resistance.

Best thing to do is relocate your IAT sensor into the air box or CAI tube if you have one. Get it off the intake manifold where the heat from the engine gives it a distorted reading and not a true reading of the actual incoming air.
thats a good idea that is pretty simple to do..i might have to try that...Has anyone else done it....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts